Honda CR-V question about engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR-V had a jiffy lube receipt that says, PZL HIGH MILEAGE SAE 5W20 SN, so does that SN mean full synthetic or a synthetic blend?
Yes called a few jiffy lubes they don't know, don't use that anymore?

CR-V had a jiffy lube receipt that says, PZL HIGH MILEAGE SAE 5W20 SN, so does that SN mean full synthetic or a synthetic blend?
I would not use that place again..They dont even know what they put in????thats a joke...From what I see the SN would be a full synthetic per PZL web site..

I would not use that place again..They dont even know what they put in????thats a joke...From what I see the SN would be a full synthetic per PZL web site..
They put in an oil that meets the owner’s manual requirements for grade and license. What didn’t they know?

PZL HM 5W-20 is syn blend.
PZL Platinum HM 5W-20 is full syn oil.

SN does not stand for full synthetic.
SN is API category which was improvement over API SM category in deposits protection, sludge control and better seal compatibility.

Just curious, are you trying to fill out some maintenance records and don't know what this oil is ? It's a perfectly good oil and "correct" for that vehicle. If you're trying to use the same, there's zero need to do that.

The wifes new car, from one of her kids. I would never use any oil change place, (I trust no shops at all been there done that), this car has though for the last 4 or 5 years I guess. I just wanted to use the same oil brand etc. So will use the platinum Penzoil 5w20 full synthetic as it was only about $25 for the 5 quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back