Honda CR-V 1998 has annoying rattle near passenger airbag cover

Now I have an irritating rattle noise coming from my passenger side airbag cover..or at least I think that's where it's coming from. It's loud and always there. It developed about 2 weeks ago..of I put my finger on the airbag cover it stops..help

IMG_20240118_120649.jpg

Silicone spray will make it worse since it is slippery. Try a small piece of foam wedged under air bag cover if the cover is rattling.
How do I lift the airbag cover? Will the airbag explode in my face by doing this ?

A tiny piece of foam pushed under the cover with a credit card. Don't use a pointy object.
I pushed the passenger seat back 2 notches and I noticed the airbag cover rattle is a lot less now ..weird..still there but a lot less

I pushed the passenger seat back 2 notches and I noticed the airbag cover rattle is a lot less now ..weird..still there but a lot less
Perhaps you just moved farther away from the source of the noise. Try sitting in the back seat, maybe that solves the problem LOL!

I discovered if I stuff paper between the end of the dashboard and the door the brrr vibration rattle noise goes away...I added a picture.. anyone know what's vibrating in there that I can look for?

IMG_20240118_205905.jpg

Back