Honda Civic A/C compressor

I have a 2010 Honda Civic LX with the 1.8L engine. The ac compressor is making a sort of buzzing/vibration/bearing noise. The noise doesn't change at all with the ac off or running. AC works perfectly.

With the serpentine belt off, the compressor pulley has a decent amount of play in it. I'm guessing there is a bad bearing in it.

Is it possible the replace the pulley/bearings without opening up the ac system?

I have a 2010 Honda Civic LX with the 1.8L engine. The ac compressor is making a sort of buzzing/vibration/bearing noise. The noise doesn't change at all with the ac off or running. AC works perfectly.

With the serpentine belt off, the compressor pulley has a decent amount of play in it. I'm guessing there is a bad bearing in it.

Is it possible the replace the pulley/bearings without opening up the ac system?

I'm not sure how similar the arrangement in your civic is to my 08 CRV, but I swapped the compressor clutch coil (had the pulley off) with the compressor on the car (lines hooked up but I believe I had to unbolt the compressor) but it was a royal pain in the butt. Honestly if I had to do it over again (and I did since the compressor itself failed) it would have been easier to just remove the compressor then vac/recharge.

If you have the room to work yes you can replace the bearing or the whole clutch assy without discharging the system. When i worked at the shop we found it better to replace the compressor with a new clutch as a unit. Thing probably has 150k on it and may be getting tired anyway.