Honda CB 1300 best engine oil

Originally Posted by 1bioguy
Sigonella?

I'm not near Sigonella. The air base of Sigonella is located in the territory of Lentini, I am in the province of Trapani near the Birgi air base ... in practice on the other side of the island.
cheers3.gif

This thread reminded me of 2 very old posts on the site:

First: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-ktm-duke-690-silkolene-10w60-1-015miles

Second: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...52/re-2016-ktm-690-enduro-r-amsoil-10w60

In both cases, 10W60 in a KTM sheared down to a 30wt within 1500 miles of use.

A CB1300 is probably not as harsh on oil, but the previous advice about the cold-hot spread rating of the oil should be taken into account. Even if it gets hot enough in Italy to warrant a 60w oil, it probably won't remain 60w for long.

15W50 might be a nice compromise if it can be purchased there.

Originally Posted by Reddy45

In both cases, 10W60 in a KTM sheared down to a 30wt within 1500 miles of use.

As Blackstone's report states there are no reason to fear the shear...
its harmless because as our oil shears flow increases... increase flow
is harmless because our oil serves as a "wall" only when it is constantly
FLOWING between parts keeping them from touching...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
As Blackstone's report states there are no reason to fear the shear...

Until it shears to the point where the MOFT becomes too thin and you start getting metal-to-metal contact. You do know the relationship between viscosity and oil film thickness between moving parts, no?

As mentioned before, Blackstone doesn't know jack about oil tribology ... only how to conduct VAOs and UOAs (oil analysis).

Hello everyone, today I found this oil at my spare parts dealer and surfing the net I saw that they speak very well of it, at least here in Italy. I noticed that here on BITOG there is very little talk about this oil and the technical specifications are not found, they are not published on the bardahl website. I would like to know what HTHS value this oil has and what you think of the Bardahl brand.

Attachments

• Bardahl XTC C60 15w50.PNG
    Bardahl XTC C60 15w50.PNG
    200 KB · Views: 20
Back