honda atf-z1 in 2010 FIT - OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a case of old atf-z1 transmission fluid, my fit is ready for tranny drain in fill,
ok to use the atf-z1 in my 2010 fit?

Originally Posted By: 05Blazer
it should be there DW1 full synthetic didn't comeout till very late 2011/2012

Honda DW-1 is not FULL SYNTHETIC....

Thats only if you live In Canada...

I know people posts them old pics when Honda DW-1 first came out and it said FULL SYNTHETIC however that was Canadain version... The bottles you find at Dealer in USA have no mention of synthetic on the bottle and you know if it was in fact synthetic they would print it on the bottle just like the Honda Ultimate Oil that is FULL SYNTHETIC.

Also.... your 2010 Honda.. I would not use ATF Z1. ATF DW-1 replaced ATF Z1 I think in 2007. However if you have a older Honda you can use ATF Z1 or ATF DW-1 . However with your 2010 you must should use the ATF DW-1

However I have read the DW-1 and the ATF Z1 have the same exact specs... I mean who knows, It might not hurt anything, however as much $ as transmission repairs cost I woulndt chance it.

Simply sell the Case of ATF Z1 on ebay and use ATF DW-1.. There are still people who use and perfer ATF Z1.

Good luck.

I have an 07 ridgeline and 10 fit,
I was hoping I use up the atf on both of these :-(
I read that it is ok to mix them, so I will get a bottle of dw1 and mix with z1, best of both world?

David, honda has different aft in canada? wow

Yes, it's fine.

Honda switched to DW1 in 2011, so you make the cutoff
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back