Honda Africa guys and Pioneer/Talon

Since we all share the same power and drive system.
Is this oil safe to use ? Its 5w40 with ester and is jaso Ma2.

Screenshot_20240606_092015_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240603_195815_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
My VFR1200 also has the DCT and I'm planning on running Rotella T4 15w40.
I'm sure you could get away with the 5w40, especially since it has the JASO MA certification.

I'm going to stick my neck out the window here and possibly make some sense of this. A Honda Africa is a large displacement dual sport motorcycle. A Honda Pioneer and Talon are both side-by-side four wheelers also made by Honda.

It appears that the question is whether the oil in question is acceptable in all three of these vehicles. Whether it is or not sort of depends on what the vehicle manufacturer says the engines need. I personally don't have owners manuals for these vehicles so I don't know if the only oil specification is API SN or simply a JASO MA2. The answer sort of depends on what Honda wants the owner to use.

Did you get an answer in the other thread where you posted the same

I'm going to stick my neck out the window here and possibly make some sense of this. A Honda Africa is a large displacement dual sport motorcycle. A Honda Pioneer and Talon are both side-by-side four wheelers also made by Honda.

It appears that the question is whether the oil in question is acceptable in all three of these vehicles. Whether it is or not sort of depends on what the vehicle manufacturer says the engines need. I personally don't have owners manuals for these vehicles so I don't know if the only oil specification is API SN or simply a JASO MA2. The answer sort of depends on what Honda wants the owner to use.
Honda calls for their basic gn4 jaso ma

Back