Honda Accord v6 20000kms Fuchs GT1 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is on the Mountain and it's just a hole in the wall place.

Kris (NDX) told me about the place... Can't remember what it's called off hand.

Steve

They actually stock the Titan GT-1 0W-20?

I know A & A Discount Auto stock a few Titan GT-1 grades such as 5W-30 and 5W-40 but they don't have the same ester chemistry as the 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Tell them crazy Germans to import some of this stuff over here.

There must be lots that I am missing but why do they not have some sort of distribution of these Fuchs PCMO in North America i.e. USA?
21.gif

Why doesn't Imperial Esso sell XD-3 synthetic here? Why can't Canadians get cheap high quality oil filters? Why does Amsoil end up being $25/quart in Europe? Why can't I get Avon 7.50R16 Rangemaster tyres here in the states when other Avon stuff is available here?

Free trade isn't all that free.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
They don't want to talk about it. It upsets too many paradigms with their 5w-40 mindset.

Wonder what they're using as AW that's not on the radar here?? Blackstone doesn't list whatever it is and one would think it would not just be one thing and I don't know if (something like) antimony would do it by itself (where's Mola or Bruce when you need them?).

Fuchs does make mention of some "special additives" which Blackstone's analysis, as you say, isn't picking up.

http://www.millionauto.com/download/TITAN GT1 0W20.pdf

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Tell them crazy Germans to import some of this stuff over here.

There must be lots that I am missing but why do they not have some sort of distribution of these Fuchs PCMO in North America i.e. USA?
21.gif

Why doesn't Imperial Esso sell XD-3 synthetic here?

I dont think this analogy is exactly the same Gary.

As I undestand it Silkolene/FUCHS is a German company and I assume one can get their PCMO throughout continental Europe. At some point the company decided to set up distribution of their highly regarded PCMO outside Europe and one of these countries was...AUSTRALIA?
54.gif
So why not the much larger market of the USA? (I am assuming that XD is only sold in Canada and if distribution was enlarged it would go south to the US not south west to Australia!
grin2.gif
)

Gary I know you do covet the Esso XD line of oils. Maybe some one of us Canadians could chip in and ship you some?
56.gif

Anyways at the least you will soon see a UOA of if it i.e. I will be sampling some of it (XD 0W30) in a month of so (right now in one of those GM 3.6L DI engines). Of course I will post the results.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I'd love to know the HTHS vis for this heavy 20 wt oil.

Well FWIW their 0W20 racing oil has an HTHS of 3.1.

What amazes me most is that there's an Australian using it! Light oils are hard to find there and if you spend some times on the car forums from there you'd see a very strong cultural bias towards heavy oils. Not criticism as much as observation, so if you are one of "those" heavy oil Australians, please don't take offense. Toyota62... you are one of the few and the proud there. I did a search a while back through your large auto parts chains online and found a 20 grade oil kinda hard to find.

Why doesn't Imperial Esso sell XD-3 synthetic here? Why can't Canadians get cheap high quality oil filters? Why does Amsoil end up being $25/quart in Europe? Why can't I get Avon 7.50R16 Rangemaster tyres here in the states when other Avon stuff is available here?

Free trade isn't all that free.

In the case of the Avon tyres... I am glad for some restrictions on trade.
37.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
This place is on the Mountain and it's just a hole in the wall place.

Kris (NDX) told me about the place... Can't remember what it's called off hand.

Steve

I did a bit of a search Steve and Kris did reference A&A in Hamilton. See here near the bottom of the page:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1581786&page=1

Do you think that there is an additional store Kris told you about?

I have been using GT1 0w-20 for the last 5 years.It has been on the market for more than 10 years.(May be even longer.)
TBN was 9.Still plenty of additives left in the oil.Fuel economy,power and reliability you cant beat Fuchs GT1 0w-20.
Cost me A$80 for a 4L jug.

You're assuming that they're not bringing it over. Suppose we're not allowing it in? As I said, free trade isn't necessarily 'unregulated'. Trade among westernized or para-western nations are centered around balancing books and jobs programs. You can't get Danish butter or milk products, so they have to send it over in tins and hide it in cookies. My bottled water is carted all the way from Canada ..while there's a spring and bottling facilities much closer.

The point of XD-3 is that it's not sold a mere 5 miles away from some line draw in the turf ..when there is the same HUGE market just that far away.

I did have a bout where I tried many oils. XD-3 synthetics would have been on my list if I hadn't moved to Amsoil ..and, yes, there have been a couple of Canadians that would have provided the "underground railroad" for this product to sneak across the border.

Originally Posted By: CougarRed
Other great Fuchs GT1 0W-20 wear reports:

Has there been posted UOAs for Fuch's GT1 5W30?

Nope. But I can't imagine there's much difference in the formula. Both are zinc-free.

Here's a good report on Fuchs Titan Long Life Plus 0W-30.

I'm also interested in the SuperSyn 0W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back