Honda Accord v6 20000kms Fuchs GT1 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mileage on Vehicle: 59650kms
Miles on Oil: 20000kms (Fuchs GT1 0w-20)
Oil Filter Honda OEM
70% city/30 freeway
Makeup Oil: 0
Aluminum: 1
Chromium : 2
Iron: 8
Copper: 3
Lead:1
Tin: 1
Moly: 0
Nickles: 0
Manganese: 0
Silver: 0
Titanium: 0
Potassium: 0
Boron: 23
Silicon: 12
Sodium: 4
Calcium: 3890
Magnesium:3
Phosphorus: 157
Zinc:17
Barium: 0

SUS Viscosity @ 40c' 46
cSt Viscosity @ 100°C: 8.6
Coolant: 0
Fuel: Water: 0

Last edited by a moderator:
So you do not need such a robust oil to get a good report??? Then what do you need??? Zinc and Phosphorus are there to protect right??? So who is home to protect????
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Wear metals are outstanding.

Very little Zinc or Phosphorus in this product?

No Moly, Zlnc, or Phosphorus?
21.gif
Lots of Cal. Is that the ticket?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Not bad!

That's an understatement. Incredible report for 12,500 miles on oil.

For those unfamiliar, Fuchs GT1 is biodegradable oil similar in some respects to RLI BIOSYN. Fuchs GT1 is zinc-free. Expensive and very difficult to obtain outside of Europe. Some consider it one of the best engine oils on the planet.

Use RLI, it's very easy to get and offers amazing results similar to this.

It can go a long time in a well maintained engine.
thumbsup2.gif

They don't want to talk about it. It upsets too many paradigms with their 5w-40 mindset.

Wonder what they're using as AW that's not on the radar here?? Blackstone doesn't list whatever it is and one would think it would not just be one thing and I don't know if (something like) antimony would do it by itself (where's Mola or Bruce when you need them?).

Great result for a great oil.

I'd love to know the HTHS vis for this heavy 20 wt oil.
Being a synthetic bio-ester with no VII's I'm sure it's HTHS vis is something greater than 3.0 cP. This very same oil was used in the Porsche Cup series and amazingly it's been around for over 10 years.

This oil has nothing in common with the typical 5W-20 and 0W-20 (HTHS 2.6 -2.7 cP) oils that are in common usage in NA.
We don't really have anything quite like this unique biodegradeable oil.
The closest we would have, at least in terms of performance would be RL (POE/PAO but not especially bio-degradeable) and RLI which is a bio-ester but is not considered synthetic although it is biodegradeable. And both these oils are not Zinc free.

I spoke to a local importer of Fuchs products a couple of years ago about bringing in the Titan GT-1 0W-20 and he said he would
If I ordered a pallet of the stuff. How many bottles or jugs of oil can you fit on a 4'x 5'x 5' pallet?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Tell them crazy Germans to import some of this stuff over here.

There must be lots that I am missing but why do they not have some sort of distribution of these Fuchs PCMO in North America i.e. USA?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Great result for a great oil.

I spoke to a local importer of Fuchs products a couple of years ago about bringing in the Titan GT-1 0W-20 and he said he would
If I ordered a pallet of the stuff. How many bottles or jugs of oil can you fit on a 4'x 5'x 5' pallet?

How about we split the some of the pallet between you and I and StevieC and rcy and then sell the extra on ebay/Craigslist?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I figure a pallet could cost in the $10,000 range!

We could make money on this transaction selling this exotic oil online
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back