Honda 2200 generator for $80

No Do you? It was worth a $100 to see what would it be. Maybe it's a little model. We'll see. You don't have to be so nasty about it!
You have been scammed no one likes that feeling. but denial is not the right action.

I'm with @Owen Lucas here-- move ASAP to keep them from getting your money at all. Because you're definitely not getting an actual generator and you're likely not getting your money back.

This!! The ONLY way I buy something from FB marketplace is Local pickup and meet at a location that I pick.....unless we have mutual friends.
My local Kroger has a trailer in the parking lot that looks like the NSA dropped it there-it has cameras hanging out all over the place. That's where I would conduct business, along with the local police station. There's some desperate, crazy people out there!

Sorry to tell you this, but it is a well-known scam. You will never get the generator or hear anything from the seller. There are quite a few of these always running on FB selling different products, always for ridiculously low prices, I don't know how/why FB allows it. Good thing that you did the purchase through PayPal. I can't figure out why PayPal allows these scammers to have an account.
One of the biggest scams going on FB.

Reactions: JC1
....It was worth a $100 to see what would it be. Maybe it's a little model....
You are the 2nd BITOGer in the last two weeks willing to spend $100 for the experience of getting scammed.

Here is the other:

Reactions: JC1
No Do you? It was worth a $100 to see what would it be. Maybe it's a little model. We'll see. You don't have to be so nasty about it!
I agree with your assessment as those ads that pop up do look fairly genuine, usually mentioning a closeout, auction, wanting to let things go at wholesale prices to help those in need, etc. Then of course they do have decent pics of name brand items and of course lots of positive feedback comments. Never know...

My cousin's wife got bit by this, she wanted some $800 rechargeable lawnmower and bought "something" for $200. Got a lego (!) in a padded envelope with tracking info. As others mentioned, they will use that tracking number to say, hey, you got your thing.

That’s a good price for 2 units plus the “parallel” cord that gives you 240v if you need it.

Work has one that is used heavily. It starts on the first pull.
That is a pretty good deal, but the parallel cord allows you to generate 4000 watts @ 120 volts.

They would need to be in series to produce 240 volts, in theory.

That is a pretty good deal, but the parallel cord allows you to generate 4000 watts @ 120 volts.

Not to nitpick but AC doesn't work that way. To produce 240VAC one would need to put out +120 while the other puts out -120 on the 2 phases.
DC voltage adds when tied in series, DC amperage adds when wired in parallel.

When the Honda 2200 or 2000 generators are teamed, they put out power through one 30 amp plug. The 30 amp plug has a hot, neutral, and a ground. There is only 120v power and no way to make 240v.

Not to nitpick but AC doesn't work that way. To produce 240VAC one would need to put out +120 while the other puts out -120 on the 2 phases.
DC voltage adds when tied in series, DC amperage adds when wired in parallel.
Yes, I was mostly pointing out that 'parallel' doesn't increase the voltage without getting too geeky about it.

OP the only way you are going to get any refund at all is if your Paypal invoice explicitly states Honda 2200 watt generator with a model number and everything. Even then probably not. Paypal only cares about fraudelent use of your account to if it was you who sent the funds (it was) then Paypal is out of the loop. If you file a claim of type Where’s My Stuff? the seller will respond with a tracking number for whatever cheap, lightweight trinket the seller decides to send. Then six weeks later when you find out it’s a pair of garden gloves, seller replies Item Was Delivered. Your dispute is closed. Paypal expects you to work it out with the seller. If you open another dispute as Item Not Described then Paypal does not care about that either. They got paid their sales commission by the seller and you got “the” item.
Yes and they'll say the item is stuck in shipping somewhere and wait another week etc when you contact them.

As they say, "If it's too good to be true"....

Back