homemade bug repellents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't afford to have Clarke Pest Control come out & spray their "green" bug spray around my house anymore.
The guy said it was Green and I could drink it, but wouldn't want to.

I've been looking everywhere on the internet for a green formulation I could make myself with home based products.
Problem I've ran into is, most of remedies consist of vinegar, garlic, cayenne, basil, rosemary, etc.. etc..

I'm OK with that..
The concoctions are for specific things.. like one is for spiders only, another for critters, another for bugs/beetles, another for worms, another for mosquito's..

I can't really say for sure that Clarke's stuff really worked, I still noticed bugs, but albeit, not as many as before. they sprayed for about 6 months.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of or has a concoction that is "green". I have a little toddler that love to be outside and loves to explore and touch stuff.. I need whatever it is to be safe for him, but harmful to bugs.

Thank you!

The best is Listerine the good ole fashion amber colored taste awful stuff. Just mix it nine to one with the pump spray off, the sportsman stuff is high in deet .

Here on the gulf coast we have a kind of biting midge sometimes called no-see-ums or punkies that are awful only mixing in the Listerine will stop them from biting. Also, don’t eat bananas and don’t wear cologne. Do eat garlic and onions.

Look up Jerry Baker. He's infamous for home brewing conconctions. Used to be on TV awhile ago...."tips, tricks & tonics" was his claim to fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back