Home WiFI security camera (EUFY)

Punch a round hole in the middle of the black & out comes a pencil sharpener. Open the lid to the waste basket-like thingy and out comes a white, scented 13gal bag. That's a real odd-looking setup there. Looks to have a tail dating back to the early 1990s, with the 1990s wiring on the back cut off.

Seems expensive for what it is, with a high cost per year due to using batteries in an outdoor environment. I would rather a POE or just run a 12V/whatever DC power feed to a different product if the location you want it in permits that. It also doesn't look vandal proof but I suppose it doesn't matter as much if mounted high enough, yet that could make it a pain to clean the lens.

Last edited:
Expensive for what it is. I woujld get the Arlo system over that. On the other hand, I have cameras from Zmodo and they work just fine. Nothing flashy and just what I need...HD picture, WiFi connectivity, quality iOS app and live remote viewing is top notch. Three cameras for $119 on Amazon. Better than any camera system you can get from big name security companies like ADT which I don't understand why people bother with them.

We have six Zmodo outdoor (4) and indoor (2) at a vacation home. Very happy with these as is our neighbor, who also bought several. Plug them in - link them to your wifi, and you're good to go. App installs on your smart phone and/or computer. Purchased from Amazon three years ago. Cloud service costs $4.99 monthly for the first cam and 1/2 that for all other cams.

Last edited: