HM Dexron III fluid

@SubieRubyRoo ....

Yeah, not really sure what happened. Seems to be a website error on that quote.

I understand your point, but I shop very aggressively. Here's what I paid:

Fram® single quart Multi Dex/Merc fluid x 2:
$12.10 (incl. tax & shipped from Wal-Mart.com)

Lube Gard® 4 fl.oz Universal PS protestant x 1:
$8.11 (incl. tax & shipped from Amazon.com)

Grand total : $20.11

By comparison:

Lube Gard COMPLETE® full synthetic 1quart on Amazon.com : $17.99

I'd need two so the price becomes $35.98 plus tax ($2.96) = $38.94.

A savings of over $18 these days is not trivial when just buying fluids.

Granted it's not the same thing but I'll wager there's not much real world long term difference in fluid wear in a 22 year old car, especially when the supporting parts will be all be rebuilt/remanufactured.
Also by comparison a quart of Maxlife is under $7 at Walmart and unless you are trying to fix some problem with an additive then I’d skip it. I use Maxlife in everything that is listed on the back of the container and I used it for years in my old BMW with apparent success.

Also, “conditioning” seals is a marketing term with little to no technical substance.

Also by comparison a quart of Maxlife is under $7 at Walmart and unless you are trying to fix some problem with an additive then I’d skip it. I use Maxlife in everything that is listed on the back of the container and I used it for years in my old BMW with apparent success.

Also, “conditioning” seals is a marketing term with little to no technical substance.
I’ve used MaxLife as PSF exclusively in all 4 Subaru I’ve owned in the past decade, never an issue. IMO it’s hard to beat for the price in anything that uses ATF for PSF. OMG @ all the acronyms! 🤣

Hmmm... You guys might have a better idea. I might just return those regular ATFs and buy the synthetic Valvoline instead.

Back