Hit and RUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

A hit and run is looked upon in high disfavor by most judges.
Any way a description would enable the Police to track her down?

I need to know what area of Chi-Town you live in! First police WON'T track down a hit-n-run driver (unless death has occured), I know first hand because because family & friends are police & firefighters (all have rank). When men are involved the 911 operator will instruct you to drive to the nearest station and file a report, with women a car is usally dispatched.

As far as pursuit goes, only to get plates and decription of car, to detain the person could result in assult or unlawful detainment filed against you.

Some states have laws that require the car to have insurance just have tags issued. Here in Illinois that law will be enforced as of Jan 08.

In all likelyhood the assailent never has insurance or a valid license. As was mention earlier thats why rates are high. Thankfully you weren't hurt.
cheers.gif

I had my identity stolen a few years back. 2 credit cards, 2 cell phones, over $16,000 of debt that would never be repaid. My credit took a hit for over a year. No one cared. The case was never solved even though the perp made a $2600 car repair on one card. Should have been pretty easy to find a shop ticket w/license # and contact info. I've determined that if a crime puts $$$ in the coffers then it will be solved. To date the only $$$ making crime I can think of is traffic/parking violations. The force around here is spectacular at solving these crimes.

They can preach all day long about not pursuing the person that hit you, but I did it anyway, and it's probably a good thing I did. A severely drunk guy in a Cherokee tried to remove the passenger side of my Eclipse while driving straight down the road, and he forced me up onto a median and kept going. Thankfully it didn't blow any of my tires, and I jumped back off the median and chased him down. He got out of his truck at a fast food restaurant and tried to run, and I tackled his drunk a** in the parking lot until the cops got there. I hope he enjoyed his face-down experience in that nasty parking lot...and I hope he enjoyed the company of his cellmate, as that was his 3rd DWI.

Quote:

To date the only $$$ making crime I can think of is traffic/parking violations. The force around here is spectacular at solving these crimes.

Now you know the secret of life.

The po-po around here have turned into the tax collecting team (sorry shortyb). They'll run their "safety enforcement zones" all day long, which in reality are nothing but revenue generation zones.

They don't give a flying leap about your home/car burglaries, hit and runs, etc. When they can give out 100 $150 tickets in 8 hours ($15,000 total) for running a YELLOW turn signal, why spend that 8 hours looking for the real criminal that will net the city/state next to nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back