Hilarious commercial!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
"I trailer my bike almost every weekend. I live in IL during the week because that's where I work, then on the weekends I travel to either MI or OH. My wife and kids live in OH, and I have a sister and Aunt who live in MI. I chose the trailer route for several reasons. This way I can take everything I need to take with me without having to ugly up the bike with things like saddle bags and fairings and such. It's also nice to be inside the car if I happen to run into rain. Don't like riding in the rain much." These are YOUR words from the post "Who trailers there bike". Did you mean to say motorcycles are for trailering? I don't own a trailer, and if you made a bet that you ride more then me, you would loose the farm. me

About six weeks ago I went to a Harley dealer with the intention of writing a check for a Buell ( or two ) before they were all gone.

I wandered around that place for probably a half hour and no one so much as even spoke to me.

The only thing I can figure is that I was being shunned as I did not fit the brand image. I was clean cut and in decent clothes, while everyone else looked like the village people or a tatooed parole violator with a doo rag.

At least its good to know that Harley has so much business they can ignore potential customers.

Originally Posted By: FLHRGator
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: FLHRGator
Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
In the early eighties I was working at one of the Dallas Police Patrol Stations. The Chief at that station let the motorcycles park in a designated area close to the building. We had to move it because the Harleys were leaking so much oil it became a hazard and an eyesore.

And in the early 80's this was a Mustang. I think I'll base my opinion of all Mustangs on the early 80's version.

1983_MustangYourStyle.jpg

Not even close to being the same. Ford has improved and modernized the Mustang.

As has Harley. The fact that you refuse to believe it makes no difference. One thing I'd be willing to put a large bet on, though, is that if Ford offered a Mustang built just like they were in 60's with a carburated V8 and 4-speed manual tranny it would sell very well. Some people enjoy their vehicles for more than just the transportation they provide. I'm not sure why that [censored] so many people off.

Just look at this laughing stock of the car world. I mean, none of those cars could get out on the track and compete in any sort of professional race...which is apparently the way some on this board judge motorcycles. Some think the only bikes worth anything are those with a race pedigree and, more specifically, a race pedigree starting in the 60's when Japan entered motorcycle racing since, apparently, motorcycle racing didn't exist until the Japanese showed up.

Park-City-Mustang-Club-pict.jpg

I don't see any Yugos there....

"I trailer my bike almost every weekend. I live in IL during the week because that's where I work, then on the weekends I travel to either MI or OH. My wife and kids live in OH, and I have a sister and Aunt who live in MI. I chose the trailer route for several reasons. This way I can take everything I need to take with me without having to ugly up the bike with things like saddle bags and fairings and such. It's also nice to be inside the car if I happen to run into rain. Don't like riding in the rain much." These are YOUR words from the post "Who trailers there bike". Did you mean to say motorcycles are for trailering? I don't own a trailer, and if you made a bet that you ride more then me, you would loose the farm. me

I doubt that very much.

Originally Posted By: Win
About six weeks ago I went to a Harley dealer with the intention of writing a check for a Buell ( or two ) before they were all gone.

I wandered around that place for probably a half hour and no one so much as even spoke to me.

The only thing I can figure is that I was being shunned as I did not fit the brand image. I was clean cut and in decent clothes, while everyone else looked like the village people or a tatooed parole violator with a doo rag.

At least its good to know that Harley has so much business they can ignore potential customers.

That's just it, HD isn't selling bikes anywhere near what they were, so you shouldn't have to look like a dirtbag to get waited on.....

That's what I mean grampa, you don't even know the guy and your callin him a dirtbag. Is this what happens to you when you buy a "one of a kind limited edition metric bike"? nobody will even talk to you? so you start with insults and name calling? That's sad.,

That's what I mean grampa, you don't even know the guy and your callin him a dirtbag. Is this what happens to you when you buy a "one of a kind limited edition metric bike"? nobody will even talk to you? so you start with insults and name calling? That's sad.,

Who did I call a dirtbag? The person I replied to said the only people who were being helped at the dealership were the dirtbag looking people. You need to learn how to comprehend what you read....

You know what would really be funny, when you finally grow up and get that Harley you KNOW you want. Maybe then you'd have some one other then me to annoy. And how you would bad mouth the metric bikes then. You'd be so proud having of a real bike, you'd probably get "dirtbag" tattooed on your arm. and show it off with pride every chance you could. Of course you would have to enroll in dew rag tying 101, and how not to put your helmet on backwards. See when you have a Harley, people will actually talk to you now.,,

You called any and all that "look HD" a dirtbag. Just another insult to add to your piles of them. What a pitiful way to treat people you don't even know. Very bad karma.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Incredible
You called any and all that "look HD" a dirtbag. Just another insult to add to your piles of them. What a pitiful way to treat people you don't even know. Very bad karma.

Hey, I just call it the way I see it. It ain't all bad. Afterall, throw in a construction worker, a cowboy, and an indian chief and you've got the Village People!

You know what would really be funny, when you finally grow up and get that Harley you KNOW you want. Maybe then you'd have some one other then me to annoy. And how you would bad mouth the metric bikes then. You'd be so proud having of a real bike, you'd probably get "dirtbag" tattooed on your arm. and show it off with pride every chance you could. Of course you would have to enroll in dew rag tying 101, and how not to put your helmet on backwards. See when you have a Harley, people will actually talk to you now.,,

I doubt my reflexes and riding skills will ever deteriorate to point to where I'd ever have to step down to a Harley. Besides, HDs are way too cute for me. They make a nice lady's bike though. Oh, and HD riders don't wear helmets...it tarnishes their image....

I'll bet it does take alot of skill to drive that TRAILER down the highway, with the wind from the air conditioner blowing in your hair.Anyway suckuki's are way to gay for even women to ride. Why do you wear your full face helmet, to hide your identity?

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
I ride both, a HD and a Suzuki. Each one has its merits and its bad points. The suzuki will never have the resale of the HD, nor would it sell anywhere near as fast as the HD. People can bash HD for "antiqated" and "outdated" technology, but it works, and its fun to ride.

Buying a bike based on it's resale value is a poor reason to buy a bike. In fact, it's not a reason at all. You either enjoy riding and you buy something that gives that enjoyment, or you don't. CDs, mutual funds, LLCs, etc, are for investing. Motorcycles are for riding.

That was not my point.. 'Riding' is why I have 2 different bikes. Resale, was for the people that bash HD's on antiquated or Outdated technology.

I'll bet it does take alot of skill to drive that TRAILER down the highway, with the wind from the air conditioner blowing in your hair.Anyway suckuki's are way to gay for even women to ride. Why do you wear your full face helmet, to hide your identity?

Only a Harley guy would ask why someone wears a helmet.

The only thing stupider than buying 1947 technology at 2010 prices is when the Japanese makers dumb themselves down to copy Harley to sell motorcycles. They could make liquid cooled, shaft drive motorcycles that idle so smooth, you cant tell they are running, instead they make air cooled, belt drive bikes that vibrate like there is a cat tied onto the counterweight on the flywheel. Interesting, could never understand that. But then 70% of Harley riders dont even know what kind of oil to put in the thing or where.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
The only thing stupider than buying 1947 technology at 2010 prices is when the Japanese makers dumb themselves down to copy Harley to sell motorcycles. They could make liquid cooled, shaft drive motorcycles that idle so smooth, you cant tell they are running, instead they make air cooled, belt drive bikes that vibrate like there is a cat tied onto the counterweight on the flywheel. Interesting, could never understand that. But then 70% of Harley riders dont even know what kind of oil to put in the thing or where.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Originally Posted By: Panzerman

Do you consider metrics "copies" simply because some of them have v-twin engines? That's where the similarities end. Other than engine type, the metrics are vastly different machines than HDs. They are much more technologically advanced than HDs. They're all liquid cooled, have EFI, and are either shaft or belt driven (and BTW, there's nothing wrong with belt drive systems).

Originally Posted By: fuel tanker man
yes... the metric Harley copies are vastly different in certain areas... sort of like a transvestite, right gramps? :D

You would know more about that than I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back