Highest-paying trade jobs in 2024, according to Indeed

Yes, because more people would be drawn to the career. I could teach reading and mathematics better than that but would never have considered teaching as a career due to poor compensation.

I saw what the teachers drove in junior high and high school.
I value education; it saved my bacon. I also tutored a few youngsters in Math back in the day. This was a highly rewarding experience.

Something is wrong if a we are getting those results. It is probably more complex than teacher compensation; it sounds systematic.
I believe it's students and parents who don't take education seriously who are the problem for the most part.

I believe it's students and parents who don't take education seriously who are the problem for the most part.
That's certainly a component; it has to be. But what about kids without parents, latch key kids, or parents with no education themselves?
I can tell you a couple of teachers have made an everlasting mark on my life; they helped carry me through my homeless days. Their words carried a tiny ray of hope.

I read an article a couple of years ago which said that in Baltimore there were NO students graduating who were proficient in math and that the average child entering high school was reading at a 3rd to 4th grade reading level (social promotion). Are you suggesting that paying teachers better would change those results?

I wonder how much effort those parents are putting into their own child's education too. It seems the trend for a little bit was teacher's to act like parents too, which imo they shouldn't have too.

Reactions: pbm
Back