High Performance Lubricants PDS

Hello all. I want to briefly provide an overview of High Performance Lubricants and share our
HDMO PDS with you. High Performance Lubricants is primarily an industrial lubricant company.
This being said we do have motor oils which are influenced by our significant passion for racing.
We use racing as a development tool as results are seen real world in very short order in highly
stressed environments. Many of the things we prove in racing get incorporated to both our
motor oils as well as industrial products. We are a technically driven company. We are
fortunate to have a molecular level scientist in our company who is very well established with
many domestic and international patents under his belt. We have invested heavily in our lab
capability. With nearly a million dollars invested in our lab we have instruments that include,
Automated Viscometers 40C and 100C, Stabinger which allows us to sweep a temperature
range and gather 9 data points, Brookfield, Pour Point, CCS, MRV, HTHS, TEOST, 4 Ball wear, 4
Ball EP, TAN, TBN, D-130 Copper Corrosion, Karl Fisher, D-665 A and B for Rust, ICP, FTIR, PDSC,
TGA (2), RPVOT, TFOUT, RPVOT (Grease). We put a tremendous amount of effort into the
integrity of our products. I will also be the first to admit we spend exponentially more effort on
or products vs. marketing literature. Our HDMO Motor Oils have literally tens of millions of
miles of experience providing long drains backed up by oil analysis in a government fleet
operating on and off road in high ambient heat. I hope you find this Product Data Sheet for our
HDMO Motor Oils useful.

David - High Performance Lubricants

HDMO Motor Oil PDS

David
Hi hope you stick around a d give us insight into the industry.

I also hope you donate to bitog and become a sponsor.

In any case welcome ...Š

Originally Posted by BeerCan
David

In any case welcome ...Š

He is a sponsor.
smile.gif

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru.../high-performance-lubricants#Post5287764

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
David

In any case welcome ...Š

He is a sponsor.
smile.gif

Great. I should have checked first, my bad. Should be a badge for sponsorship maybe as some posts might look spammy.

HPL I hope you took no offense ...

No worries at all. We are all among friends. We do intend to be around here a while.

David

David

In any case welcome ...Š

He is a sponsor.
smile.gif

Great. I should have checked first, my bad. Should be a badge for sponsorship maybe as some posts might look spammy.

HPL I hope you took no offense ...

Imp4,

Our 0w12 would typically find a home in normally aspirated high rpm drag racing engines. This family of oils is very oxidation stable. Therefore it will live a long time on the street in gas or diesel applications but also is a very raceable oil. It is very effective in Nitrous applications where you need that additional protection against the oxidizer. Those applications of course would use a viscosity heavier than the 0W12 that you mention.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Hello David,
Can you tell us more about your 0w12 product listed in the link you provided?

racin4ds,

It can be purchased from Advanced Lubrication Inc. 815-932-3288. Also I suppose the website address for additional information would be helpful to have here. www.hplubricants.com . We primarily sell through industrial distribution. My involvement with BITOG came after meeting Wayne and for the time being we have the cart a little ahead of the horse. We are looking at setting up an online store and would ultimately like to offer special things for BITOG people.

Thanks

David

Thanks David. I've seen some impressive UOA's with HPL oils.

Do you make any oils that are good for GDI engines, more specifically oils with lower sulfated ash levels (mid Saps)?

Originally Posted by buster

Do you make any oils that are good for GDI engines, more specifically oils with lower sulfated ash levels (mid Saps)?

Buster,

Thank you for the question. We do have a PCMO line coming out shortly that originates with Dexos 1 Gen 2 API SP chemistry. We have the core of the product line done now and are filling in the oddball viscosities at the moment. I would expect that we will have the final test results done in time to publish the PDS late next week. We are running MRV's now which take 48 hours per W grade.

I believe that you may have seen Wayne's UOA post. I do want to point out that in his case Wayne ran one of our flush oils prior to starting his analysis. Based on his UOA I would say that there was roughly 20% residual flush oil included with the sample data. The additive levels will actually be at higher concentration in the new oil. Flush products are another topic. Our oils do contain esters which are known to be effective in cleaning deposits left behind by other oils. When starting a UOA program you either need to flush or just disregard the first UOA as it will be a result of the current oil plus deposits now solubilized in the oil.

I will also say that we have had good results with our HDMO motor oils in GDI engines We have a large fleet that has a significant amount of GDI engines that have over 5 years of successful service. It is possible to successfully formulate around a high calcium content and be LSPI friendly. It is not cheap to do so. I am choosing to provide both the HDMO and PCMO product lines so people will be able to choose which product they prefer.

Originally Posted by High Performance Lubricants
Buster,

Thank you for the question. We do have a PCMO line coming out shortly that originates with Dexos 1 Gen 2 API SP chemistry. We have the core of the product line done now and are filling in the oddball viscosities at the moment. I would expect that we will have the final test results done in time to publish the PDS late next week. We are running MRV's now which take 48 hours per W grade.

I believe that you may have seen Wayne's UOA post. I do want to point out that in his case Wayne ran one of our flush oils prior to starting his analysis. Based on his UOA I would say that there was roughly 20% residual flush oil included with the sample data. The additive levels will actually be at higher concentration in the new oil. Flush products are another topic. Our oils do contain esters which are known to be effective in cleaning deposits left behind by other oils. When starting a UOA program you either need to flush or just disregard the first UOA as it will be a result of the current oil plus deposits now solubilized in the oil.

I will also say that we have had good results with our HDMO motor oils in GDI engines We have a large fleet that has a significant amount of GDI engines that have over 5 years of successful service. It is possible to successfully formulate around a high calcium content and be LSPI friendly. It is not cheap to do so. I am choosing to provide both the HDMO and PCMO product lines so people will be able to choose which product they prefer.

Originally Posted by buster

Thanks David.
cheers3.gif

I would love to see a VOA of the oil. Being a CI oil it must be loaded with calcium, zinc and phosphorus. Plus other good stuff I'm sure.

Last edited:
Of the 15w40 diesel oil. This is the diesel section so I assume this was a HDEO. The rating on it is CI-4

Last edited:
All of the oils listed on the PDS are CI4 Plus/SL. So the 5w20 in the analysis will look just like the 15w40

David

Originally Posted by mattd
Of the 15w40 diesel oil. This is the diesel section so I assume this was a HDEO. The rating on it is CI-4

Last edited:
All of the oils listed on the PDS are CI4 Plus/SL. So the 5w20 in the analysis will look just like the 15w40

David

Then how come they don't show up on the API EOLCS Directory?

Originally Posted by kschachn

David

He means it has a CI-4 / SL add pack with modern tweaks.

He means it has a CI-4 / SL add pack with modern tweaks.

Then it would be better to not obfuscate by saying "Recommended for those applications requiring..." or "In the opinion of High Performance Lubricants..."

Something along the line of what ExxonMobil does for those certifications and licenses where they make recommendations. That way people who have warranty concerns or prefer licensed oils would accurately know what they are buying.

I do not license any of our oils with the API. That will fundamentally put you within the same chemical box as commodity products. Where other people stop is where we begin. We will start with a licensable ad pack from a top tier additive manufacturer put into very high quality base oils and then improve the performance of the lubricants from there, first in the lab and then and more importantly in service. The API license can certainly isolate an inferior product and it does that well. On the flip side it does not reward someone who chooses to produce something to a higher level of performance than a commodity type product. This too will be true with the PCMO products we will be releasing soon. Our products will not be for everyone. But for those who are looking for a legitimate high performing oil we will get along really well.

Originally Posted by kschachn

David

Back