High Performance Lubricants Euro oils...whose going to try it?

Looking forward to seeing the results! I went to the HPL website and it appears the Euro 5W40 formulation isn't orderable quite yet? You have an "in" or am I just challenged? :)

I just added MPI to my R with the Vortex hybrid I've had on the past couple of years, so I'll be running higher E blends than previously on the stock DI. I was on E30 but now with MPI I'll have a moderately aggressive daily E40 tune and full send E85 tune. Hoping to get a nice bump in power...thinking I should be @ 520-530whp corrected when I hit the dyno next month on the E85 tune.
I've been running Motul Sport on the last 2 fills (5W50 last summer and 5W40 now), but would be very interested in giving this oil a go on the next fill which should be in April-ish timeframe.
link here:

link here:

Thanks. I was looking on hploil.com site. Much appreciated

What kind of results are you looking for?

Seems these motors (especially tuned and with bigger turbos) really hammer the oil. Here's the thread on my car. My Golf R is close to 2x the stock power. After only 3k miles you can see how the Motul Sport 5W50 shears down, so I'm curious how TiGeo's viscosity data comes back since he is running quite a bit power over stock as well. .... https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ning-ethanol-blend.336456/page-4#post-5925779

Seems these motors (especially tuned and with bigger turbos) really hammer the oil. Here's the thread on my car. My Golf R is close to 2x the stock power. After only 3k miles you can see how the Motul Sport 5W50 shears down, so I'm curious how TiGeo's viscosity data comes back since he is running quite a bit power over stock as well. .... https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ning-ethanol-blend.336456/page-4#post-5925779
I'm not sure I'd ever believe anything Blackstone told me about viscosity and much less so fuel dilution. Have you ever analyzed your oil at a lab that utilizes gas chromatography for testing fuel dilution?

I'm not sure I'd ever believe anything Blackstone told me about viscosity and much less so fuel dilution. Have you ever analyzed your oil at a lab that utilizes gas chromatography for testing fuel dilution?
only blackstone thus far

How about some recommendations?

HPL secret sauce in the wagon, Summit Point WV for the PCC Audi Club season opener HPDE this weekend. Supposed to snow Sat. How does that even work? hahaha Will pull a sample afterwards. Going to run this for a full 5K OCI, has about 1K on it now.

20220310_160343.jpg

There are a few good things to mention. First there is a BITOG15 discount code which nets you 15% off. Next evidenced by the -71F pour point it is clear to see the utilization of PAO. Further when you factor in the use of Alkylated Naphthalene and ester and star polymers, you can begin to understand why we are not formulated for a discount store.

The oil will do an excellent job. It’s my job to make sure that happens.

Mobil makes a fine 0w40. We are not a good fit for everyone.

For those who share the same philosophy we’ll likely be good friends.

David
Hi, I was trying to figure out which oil from you guys to use. I have a 19 Audi RS3 sleeved/built motor. I was told to use 5w40 but it seems not every 5w40 is the same. Thanks

My W8 is 9 qts and yeah, not getting HPL hahaha but if it did, I'd run it 2-3 years based on the mileage it gets.

HPL secret sauce in the wagon, Summit Point WV for the PCC Audi Club season opener HPDE this weekend. Supposed to snow Sat. How does that even work? hahaha Will pull a sample afterwards. Going to run this for a full 5K OCI, has about 1K on it now.

View attachment 92203
That car would look a lot better with a twin turbo LSX small block in there eh. Maybe just a cool 1,000hp on 91 octane.
Then I would recommend the Bad Ass Racing oil 10w50. 😁

Back