High Performance Lubricants 4th of July Sale

HPL lists various manufacturer specs as under "suitable replacement". But of all the Ford oil specs they list, 0W-20, Ford Spec
WSS-M2C962-A1 isn't included. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt this oil will work just fine. But what is about this particular oil that is hard to find that meets the Ford Spec?

If it's pre-paid, like Blackstone, then most of the time I just look at them with that inbred dog look, say "no", and they don't bother asking further. If I have to pay postage, you'd think I was sending Nuclear Waste to someone.
Drop it in the box and don't talk to anyone.

Terrible marketing. People (like me) will be out of town with family over the holiday. Not breaking away to order some oil. Set it up so you can pre-order it now and post the purchase on whatever day you want
Your tellin me that during this sale you wont find yourself sitting on the toilet on your phone? You could easily figure out which products you want and wait till your having 10 minutes of you time on vaca lol

HPL lists various manufacturer specs as under "suitable replacement". But of all the Ford oil specs they list, 0W-20, Ford Spec
WSS-M2C962-A1 isn't included. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt this oil will work just fine. But what is about this particular oil that is hard to find that meets the Ford Spec?
My Ford requires the same spec but I don’t care and happily use HPL 0W20 PPCEO because near as I can tell it’s the best darn oil out there.

My Ford requires the same spec but I don’t care and happily use HPL 0W20 PPCEO because near as I can tell it’s the best darn oil out there.
I want to use the same for my Mav hybrid as well. I am not worried about the oil, just wondering what specs Ford is calling for that seems to be unique.
How often do you change it? It has to be fiscally feasible for me to use HPL.

I want to use the same for my Mav hybrid as well. I am not worried about the oil, just wondering what specs Ford is calling for that seems to be unique.
Albeit not in Ford’s, but I do 1 year for both vehicles regardless of mileage. I could push my HEMI even further per the UOA I did (almost 12k miles), and WWilson proved a 3.6 Pentastar could go 35,000+ miles on an oil change.

Oh boy..Isn't this gonna open up the Hazmat spiel at the post office when they ask "Explosives, batteries, liquids, etc"?

Only if you act agitated and suspicious will it be an issue.

I've done it twice at the front desk and dropped it in an after hours slot the rest of the time. At the front desk, they flip through a book, ask me a few questions, of which I'm happy to explain what i'm doing, where its going, and what is the intent. Its has not been an issue.

@HPL Plant Manager can you still use the BITOGFLUSH15 to substitute the ec 30 with my order ?
For this promotion, I enabled an "auto" discount to automatically apply to the orders on July 3rd and 4th. Because, we are utilizing the auto discount method, all other discount codes will not work on the 3rd and 4th. That being said, if you call in on July 3rd AFTER you place your order, we will be happy to assist you in getting one of the quart bottles swapped out. Call 815-932-3288

@HPL Plant Manager, which one of your 0w-40s meets or exceeds Chrysler MS-12633? Didn't see it mentioned on Spec sheet. Appreciate it.
We get our 'suitable for use in' read across from our base off the shelf addictive package, then upgrade the base oils, top treat, etc. Our base additive packaged supplier currently does not call out Chrysler MS-12633 specification on any of their products. The Chrysler MS-12633 specification is the Chrysler Hemi SRT engine specification, which only minimal oil marketers have an approved oil for. Chrysler has not been open to allowing additional approvals to be processed either from what we have learned so far on this. I have reached back out to our supplier for any recent updates. That being said, we have our super car 0W-40 in many SRT engines calling for the MS-12633.

We get our 'suitable for use in' read across from our base off the shelf addictive package, then upgrade the base oils, top treat, etc. Our base additive packaged supplier currently does not call out Chrysler MS-12633 specification on any of their products. The Chrysler MS-12633 specification is the Chrysler Hemi SRT engine specification, which only minimal oil marketers have an approved oil for. Chrysler has not been open to allowing additional approvals to be processed either from what we have learned so far on this. I have reached back out to our supplier for any recent updates. That being said, we have our super car 0W-40 in many SRT engines calling for the MS-12633.

Thanks. I appreciate your response.

I take it to 5% oil life remaining according to the IOLM. That is about 12,000 miles for me. I live in a rural area, no stop and go city driving at all. 95 plus percent hiway driving which is super easy on oil. If I did oil analysis I could probably go longer, but I am ok with changing it at 5%. My next change will be their Euro no VII 5W20 Euro. I got it from a friend that sold his VW.

Terrible marketing. People (like me) will be out of town with family over the holiday. Not breaking away to order some oil. Set it up so you can pre-order it now and post the purchase on whatever day you want.
I guess it’s hard to find five minutes before bed to order. It’s a fantastic deal on a great product. The owners don’t have to do this but are kind enough to.

Your response was simply unnecessary and ungrateful. Well done.

I guess it’s hard to find five minutes before bed to order. It’s a fantastic deal on a great product. The owners don’t have to do this but are kind enough to.

Your response was simply unnecessary and ungrateful. Well done.
I don't need to be "grateful", I am the potential consumer.
In economics, there is a thing called paradox of value, they didn't meet it for me, it is great if they met it for you.

I don't need to be "grateful", I am the potential consumer.
In economics, there is a thing called paradox of value, they didn't meet it for me, it is great if they met it for you.
As far as Economics theory, IMHO, Marginal Utility is a better fit than Paradox of Value for your situation.

Respectfully, your initial response appeared to show a sense of entitlement and frustration that a segment of the potential customer base would not be available to take advantage of the sale (inclusive of yourself). This is always the case for any sale. Your response was unnecessary, and in the absence of your providing a viable alternative, quibbling.

That said, your holiday plans that take you and yours out of reliable cell signal range sounds like a great opportunity to unplug and focus on family; enjoy!

Lastly, if you’d like me to enter an HPL/Advanced order on your behalf during the sale window, reach out to me via forums messaging and I’m happy to help.

Back