Hi Flo filers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some really in depth info about these filters if they are as good as there ad reads they should be a fantastic filter. Anybody that has some input please reply.

Why go half way? Just leave the filter out, altogether?

Or, if you need more flow with a treated paper filter that does a better job of filtering the incoming air and protecting the engine, just push down more on the gas pedal. Your fuel system will figure out what to do.

I work in the motorcycle industry and have found the HiFlo filters to be a great filter for the money. They are manufactured by Bike Alert who also makes Vee Rubber, JT Sprockets, and also manufacturers the entire powersport line of oil filters for K&N. Sadly they don't release much if any info on their filter construction and beta ratios, but after tearing down many of their filters and gotten more pertinent info from K&N, I highly recommend them. Standard filters are cellulose based with metal end-caps, leaf spring, and nitrile ADV. Their Racing line includes the K&N 17 mm wrench off nut in addition to safety wiring, synthetic filter media, with the rest of the filter construction the same as their entry level models.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Why go half way? Just leave the filter out, altogether?

Or, if you need more flow with a treated paper filter that does a better job of filtering the incoming air and protecting the engine, just push down more on the gas pedal. Your fuel system will figure out what to do.

You didn't notice that thus was in the oil filter forum, and you didn't recognize the brand name in the subject line, but commented anyway with "guidance". Feel free to educate yourself:http://www.hiflofiltro.com

Pertaining to the subject at hand, I've never heard ill of Hiflo but never used them myself.

I've used them, Hiflo is the brand name, its not a High flow filter. I've used them on the gz 250, changed every other year, and they always look great.

I used them for a while on my Harley. never a problem. I was buying oil change kits at the time and they are what came with 5 qts of Redline oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back