HF impact sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Ah-Ha, a blanket statement condeming anything they sell, even the U.S. produced products.

Logic at its best!

The five or so things they sell that are US made? Give me a break.

Try reading my complete reply. The nearest H/F is 30 miles away, and the ones I listed were what came to mind. Pretty good for my 69 year old brain that can't even remember why I went into the bathroom.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Have you been to *any* shop lately? What can you find Made In USA in your local Walmart, JC Penny, BestBuy, Lowes, Costco?

Tell you what; there are Snap-On stores in some of the trendy malls (or at least there used to be some mall stores carrying Snap-On brand paraphernalia) See how many of the items that carries Snap-On name are Made In USA.

Somebody needs to put your diatribe in its place.

Whatever. Good old jcwit brought up the "logic" of my comment and the US made thing here. I'm no fan, thats well known. No diatribe here, a little comprehension of the posts might help you.

By given your comment, as a matter of fact, I make every effort to buy US-made, I do a good amount of research to ensure that it is the case.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that it cost me more money, because it means that I'm helping to maintain real American jobs actually making something. I could care less about shopping at your "convenience" stores that you mentioned, my sources are pretty solid these days.

Ah-Ha, a blanket statement condeming anything they sell, even the U.S. produced products.

Logic at its best!

The five or so things they sell that are US made? Give me a break.

Try reading my complete reply. The nearest H/F is 30 miles away, and the ones I listed were what came to mind. Pretty good for my 69 year old brain that can't even remember why I went into the bathroom.

Try reading the thread. I mentioned critics experience, then another comment about not broad-brushing all their socket lines brought forth a simple and specific response. Not sure why you're starting this up again. I couldnt care less about what you remember from your visits to HF. I wouldn't buy their sockets and put my money where my mouth is.

The OP asked about their sockets and I mentioned the other thread that was going on in parallel.

What;s your agenda? Why are you playing HF apologist here? This is about impact sockets. You are derailing this based upon a simple comment that I dislike their wares.

We already established that you dont care about US manufacturing. You dont care about jobs and those that pay your disability check. OK, great. Done. I am free to dislike HF and what they stand for and what they sell. The fact that they have all of five items (which likely isnt far from the truth given my experiences in there) made in US and a couple unique and decent things is of little consequence.

This thread is about HF sockets. I stated plainly that there was another thread about them breaking (The Cric's thread) in parallel to this one. People want to play HF apologist, fine, its done every time. I can still dislike the store and what they sell, and state it. You nitpicking the comment because they sell a very few US made items is nothing short of being a troll. We get it, you swoon over HF and because youll use items twice, you dont want to pay more. Great. Got it. Done. You love HF. I dont. Fine. Not sure why you have to derail this thread any more.

Boy, are we ever testy today aren't we!

BTW I support U.S.A. goods as my needs and finances dictate.

Further I apologise for no one.

Testy? Who came into this thread derailing it with their agenda? My comments were benign. You turned this into something more.

Testy? Who came into this thread derailing it with their agenda? My comments were benign. You turned this into something more.

Well, to be fair, you were the one who derailed it first. The OP asked which of the socket sets he currently owns fall into the "cheesy" or "good" category.

When you responded with the post "Note the thread about breaking one of those sockets," that's derailing, because it has nothing to do with what the OP asked.

Fair enough if that is your view. In mine, referring to the sockets being discussed there would be a prime indication of which might be considered excessively poor, and possibly even questionable for impact use.

Fair enough if that is your view. In mine, referring to the sockets being discussed there would be a prime indication of which might be considered excessively poor, and possibly even questionable for impact use.

Again, the broken socket appears to be one of the lower-quality lines HF offers. There are quite a few satisfied customers of the higher-end lines that are made in Taiwan.

I'm a huge proponent of buying USA made goods, and shop based on country of origin for many of my purchases. Heck, I was recently shopping for a USA made toilet and I recently chose a Bosch dishwasher because of its good performance and the fact that it's made in the USA. But, even I will admit when a HF item is decent or a good value. They have a lot of junk, but there are some diamonds in the rough.

But, I'm not going to continue to argue with you.

That's all well and good. But what is the intent of this thread? Go back to the OP. which sockets are good vs lousy.

Well, there's a ton more info in the other thread than here. Might just somehow, some tidbit of info be learned from looking over there?

If the OP wants to know what is no good, the least he could do is see which socket broke in the other thread and see if he has the same ones. The other thread talks about metallurgy and coatings too (you did here as well). Might some bit of info from there, crossed with what the OP has and what they are made of and how they are finished be the slightest bit indicative?

It's really not that hard.

What's your agenda? Arent we talking about hf sockets?

Did you even look at the results at that link??? LOL!!!

I pulled some data from the thread about a broken HF socket. I too have broken HF sockets, the non matte ones.

It looks like as of today, the Pittsburgh Pro line are the good sockets from HF. They are matte. One person did review them when the size marking wore off. HF may of course change the name. I think I have some matte ones from HF that are probably the good ones but they have a different name, but made in Taiwan.

Maybe its as simple as China = cheesy, Taiwan = good.

I've heard that statement before. Then again, 10 years ago I had a Taiwanese ratchet set, not even an impact one, and I cracked a socket just trying to loosen a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back