HF Doing Away With 20% off Coupons?

I feel like they want to go upscale. They've been rolling out more expensive stuff lately--I know, I know, plenty of cheap stuff on the rack, but still, lots of ads for the higher end stuff.
This is every business ever. Build brand equity and loyalty then start milking those people for profits.

I think Harbor Freight is trying to change their image and move a little upscale and have a strategy to compete with tool trucks. They have the ICON brand and a credit card now and getting rid of the 20% coupon takes some to the "bargain look" away. I own the top model ICON toolbox (the big one like a snap on with hutch and sides etc) and Icon hand tools and they are good quality. Offering good quality tools and a credit line may steal some from the tool truck and their higher prices and credit fees. Just my take on it.

I've noticed the 20% coupons have gone away and am still a little sad about the printed catalog being gone. That said the 20% coupons rarely applied to any of the 'good stuff' anyway. Now you just have to keep an eye out for a coupon on the specific item you're looking for. I'm wanting one for the 3pt quick hitch..

Here's the website I use:

Thanks for that very useful link. Much appreciated

Back