Here I go again!!! LC/FP

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the heck is an FP ?
confused.gif
I guess I have been out of the loop for too long

XS.D>>>

Sod Dude

FP stands for Fuel Power, a diesel/gasoline additive that is used at the rate of 1 ounce per 5 gallons. Very cost effective at that rate. It is a fuel system/CC cleaner, not an octane/cetane improver.

cheers.gif

Fly,
You don't need a winter fuel additive unless you are spending some long days skiing at Mt. Baker.

Primrose 404 would be good for your engine, OR Fuel Power, OR Schaeffer #137 Diesel Treat 2000.

Ken

Hey FlyNavy

Always remember " Surface Line is Mighty Fine"

At Terry's suggestion I've started using FP and LC 2000 miles into my current run on my VW TDI.

Now I don't use the FP just like Otis wants me to. But rather mixed 3:1 with SoyShield being the 3 parts and FP the 1. Then adding 1oz of this mixture per five gallons of fuel.

The LC I use per instructions. Initial does 1oz per quart then 1oz every thousand miles.

My next analysis is due by the end of Feb. and we shall see. That will give us two analysis with no additives and one with. All three using the same motor oil Schaeffer's 15w-40.

Now I beleive the LC is working. Observation of oil using the blotter system show no ring formation at all. When in the past a very faint ring woud be present.

I may be wrong but I take the no ring results to mean the LC is keeping the oils additive package ( solvency ) at peak levels. This in turn keeps the soot from clumping together. Is clumping a work?

Wife is going to kill me but I am having too much fun with this stuff. Keeps on giving me looks as I giddly go out to the garage with all kinds of bottles of oil and stuff.
lol.gif

Two part question:

1. It has been that recommended running FP in my 7.3L diesel will help control insolubles. If you have a diesel are you using this? Have you seen a drop in insolubles? Is it ok to use with with oil fired injectors? Oh, can I use it in conjuction with primrose 409 (winter additive)?

2. I am going to give FP a shot in the wifes car, grand caravan 127,000 miles. I am already in the 1st auto-rx rinse phase and was wondering about LC or using maintenance doses of Auto-RX.

TIA

Sean
burnout.gif

Neil,

That line takes me back to my Navy ROTC classes. 2.0 and swo! UGH. Glad I studied, okay got by.

Ken2, I have the primrose 409 from my PA days and it is just habit to use it in the winter. I really do not use an additive from the spring to the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back