help with Havoline specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's the verdict. Would you all call Havoline one of the best "dino" oils no matter who markets it?
I've tried to keep up with the mergers, who owns Havoline now?

BC,

Chevron owns Texaco who owns Halvoline. So, Chevron owns Halvoline. Pretty soon we are going to need charts to keep up with all these mergers.
smile.gif

I think Chevron has reformulated the Havoline oils and I would go onto say probably for the better.

Where I live the Drive Clean is available in all grades in the new large mouth bottle

Point of re-clarification: Not all Havoline dino is produced by Chevron. Although the bottles look identical, on the back it will identify the ChevronTexaco Global Lubricants out of CA., or list Equilon out of Tx. If I recall correctly, the Equilon version is produced by Shell for now, and is not likely to be the same additive package as the Chevron. The majority consensus to date here has been to go with the Chevron version -- the Shell formulation seems to be unknown at this point.

[ September 13, 2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: KCDoug ]

Doug,I believe your post is right on track.

Question would be,when these to new synthetics come out,will Chevron allow Texaco to be the better of the two?

When I called for some info about the Texaco GF3 Synthetic" very friendly people I must add" the man on the phone said absolutely no PAO oils are coming in the near future however he would not remark when asked if they might blend a PAO with a group III oil.

When you look at the cP and cold pour of these new syns,somethings going on it seems. Time will tell I guess because I am too lazy to look up the MSDS to try to verify if a Ester besides the zinc type is in the oil,,hint hint,will someone look this up?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back