Why are Chevron/Havoline Syns so hard to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Rotella T 5W-40 syn all the time, but I never see Havoline for sale around here anymore. I think the only place that seems to carry it is Advance Auto Parts around here. I forget if Pep Boys carries it. I know Wal-Mart stopped carrying it here and Meijer doesn't carry it either. The only place I've ever seen Havoline Syn-blend or Synthetic is at a local gas station -- but at exorbitant prices.

Originally Posted By: BBDartCA

US Military in combat theaters generally madates non-synthetic lubes.

In fact, I think the US military is mandated to use produced-in-US, re-refined oils only for vehicles, unless technically impossible.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: znode
Originally Posted By: BBDartCA

US Military in combat theaters generally madates non-synthetic lubes.

In fact, I think the US military is mandated to use produced-in-US, re-refined oils only for vehicles, unless technically impossible.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is an excerpt from a TACOM guide to engine oil used in combat / tactical deployment. If you go through those NSNs I believe most are mineral based, but have not checked for some time.

CombatTacticalLubes.jpg

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Most of the Chevron Delo synthetic and the Valvoline HDMO in synthetic are most likely being used by the armed forces and military overseas. Lots of diesel trucks and the lube is great for ships and aircraft. Most likely that is why it can't be found on the retail level.

Makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back