Help w/ value of a 2001 Lightning-highly modded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bretfraz
You are correct and that $24-25k pricing seems about right from what little I've read. I haven't found a lot of auction data but am still looking.

Wow, thanks for looking, I appreciate that.

The fact it has such low mileage is a big factor.

I'd say, if you could find the right buyer - someone who knows Lightnings and performance cars, $20K would be realistic.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: c3po
If this truck is so dangerous, why did Grandma let Grandpa buy the truck and do all of this stuff.

Do they even make these F150 Lightnings anymore.

Well, he had a bit more pull than me :) She eventually said "go ahead, kill yourself"

They stopped making Lightnings after the 2004 MY.

Mike, with only 4500 miles I would hold out for a price of $20,000 or more. Those are insanely low miles for a 2001. That's like 500 miles a year.

The way the economy is going, you might not get a good price at this time.

If this truck is so dangerous, why did Grandma let Grandpa buy the truck and do all of this stuff.

Do they even make these F150 Lightnings anymore.

Well, he had a bit more pull than me :) She eventually said "go ahead, kill yourself"

They stopped making Lightnings after the 2004 MY.

Mike, with only 4500 miles I would hold out for a price of $20,000 or more. Those are insanely low miles for a 2001. That's like 500 miles a year.

The way the economy is going, you might not get a good price at this time.

I knew the economy would be a barrier for sure. He drove so little because it was a toy truck, he also became too heavy to fit comfortably in the truck(part of the reason for his death).

What do you guys think, get Mike's girlfriend to put it in storage and in 20 to 25 years this truck may get $100,000 at the Mecum auction.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?rdm=1240334627534&num_records=25&model=F150PICKUP&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1999&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=FORD&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=14000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85034&advanced=&end_year=2004&transmission=&doors=&max_price=25000&pager.offset=25&first_record=26

There's a few Lightnings in Phoenix - one for almost $20K that isn't nearly the truck that your FILs is.

So between $20-$25 would be good - maybe start high and let them talk you into where you want to sell it at - list at $26K and let them talk you down to $22-$23K.

With the low miles, and everything else, this is starting to sound like $30,000 for the truck.

What do you guys think, get Mike's girlfriend to put it in storage and in 20 to 25 years this truck may get $100,000 at the Mecum auction.

I'd put the wife in storage and get a 20 lb blower pulley and rip some [censored] up today.
LOL.gif

Mike, just talk to your girlfriend and get your hands on this truck.

Someone else will buy it and probably wreck it or not take care of it. I would bet 30 years from now you will be watching a Mecum car auction and you will see one sold for an insane amount of money.

Was 2001 the 1st year they made these, what years were these cars made from, I know that 2004 was the last year.

The 1st gen's were 93-95, and the 2nd gens were 99-04.

I'm trying to get my hands on the truck, uphill battle though.

The 1st gen's were 93-95, and the 2nd gens were 99-04.

I'm trying to get my hands on the truck, uphill battle though.

Does your girlfriend have any pull with her Grandma.

Mike, just talk to your girlfriend and get your hands on this truck.

Someone else will buy it and probably wreck it or not take care of it. I would bet 30 years from now you will be watching a Mecum car auction and you will see one sold for an insane amount of money.

Was 2001 the 1st year they made these, what years were these cars made from, I know that 2004 was the last year.

2001 was not the first year, but it was the year HP was bumped up to 380 and some cosmetic things were changed. I could see that helping the price after many years, but maybe not much now.

With the miles and quality of the work done, I wouldn't sell it for less than $20K. It may take some time to find a serious buyer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back