Help! Software updates download into PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Windows XP Home and I'm using Trend Micro PC-cillin firewall and anti-virus. I'm also using Webroot anti-spyware. A few months ago, for no rational reason, all of my software updates automatically downloaded into a PowerPoint file that is not retrievable.

When I click on the "download" button, it does not allow me to choose the directory where I want the .exe file saved. Instead, it saves it within Powerpoint. When I do a search under program files and "my docs" for that .exe file, nothing turns up.

I've e-mailed Trend Micro and Webroot asking for assistance, as I do not believe the problem is on their end with their software, but I was hoping they had a constructive suggestion or two. Unfortunately, they never replied.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks!

Confederate......

It's mostly the spyware/anti-virus/firewall updates. The same thing happened when I was running Norton Internet Security and their related products. Even if I purchased (as opposed to updating) a similar product online and downloaded (versus using a CD) to my desktop, it still forced it into Powerpoint!

On the HP desktop I'm using Office 2000.

Thanks!

Hmm.....that is an unusual one to me.

Have you attempted to uninstall and re-install Office 2000?

Have you tried right clicking on the file and selecting "Open With" and then "Choose Program" and letting it check online to tell you which program is best to use?

Company (2300 employees) has Trend Micro. It's junk. I ran Spyware Doctor 4.0 Friday and work PC has three infections. Will get IT to authorise lic purchase and fix it as my sales manager did when Trend couldn't fix his problem. At home running Panda Titanium Internet Security 2006 with 2007 on offer.

I've had things get through McAffee, Norton and PCCillin...I swap programmes every year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back