HELP! I got it bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have always justified my buying more oil as being utilitarian, useful, and even saving some money for my family. Today I think I have finally went off around the bend. I spent most of the morning chasing a discount on Havoline oil at AZ and this afternoon I spent dusting and arranging my oil stash.

By the way do you guys group by brand and then subgroup by weight or do you group by weight, regardless of brand? Me, I have grouped by weight regardless of brand. I would like to group by brand and then subgroup by weight, but I don't have the room.

Does it bother you guys to use some of the oil in your stash? I feel like I have eaten one of my children when I use oil out of my stash.

If you have company do you steer the conversation towards aquiring oil at AZ, AA or Wally World on sale. Do you ask friends from out of town to check their local stores for closeouts before coming for a visit?

Right now in my stash I have:

Havoline
1qt 30w HD
5qts 30w DS
2qts Ursa 30w
2qts 10w-40 DS
2qts 20w-50 DS
18qts 5w-20 sm
11qts 5w-20 DS
4qts 5w-30 DS
1qt 10w-30 sm
1qt 10w-30 DS

Formula Shell
2qts 10w-30 sm
13qts 10w-40 sm

Quacker State
70qts 5w-20 q torque full synthetic
12qts 5w-30 q torque full synthetic

Coastal
23qts 10w-30 Full synthetic SL
17qts 5w-30 Full synthetic SL

1- 5qt jug Super Tech 10w-30 Full synthetic
1- 4qt jug Exxon Supreme 10w-30

1gallon Lucas fuel conditioner
3 pints Pouland 2 cycle oil
2 qts Amsoil Universal ATF
2 qts Dex III ATF
2 qts Stabil

17 assorted oil filters

My name is twentynine and I am an oil junkie, please help!

Always keep a lot around in case of emergency or national crisis or a "run" on oil by the public.

You should use some of the stash of course. What will you (us) do if there's a breakthrough in oil?

You'll want to use the "good stuff", right?
20.gif

Then, what will happen to alllll of that sub-par oil you have?
spankme2.gif
LOL.gif

That should help.

Well, I don't have quite your level of affliction, but in my home office I just got rid of a TV hutch & TV and replaced them with a really nice shelf system from Lowes.

On the shelves are all my temp sensative tools (torque wrenches, volt meters, digital IR temp probe, polishers etc.....), 30 qts of GC, 2 gal of MTL, 1 gal of MT90, various power steering fluids, brake fluids, oil filters, air filters, car detailing paraphenalia, etc.,etc.,...you get the idea.

The only other thing in the room is a desk with my computer and monitor and a sound system I use when I watch Nurburgring race videos. I have decorated my desk with a bottle of Syntec 5w50 and a bottle of Wet Paint Glaze. There are car manuals laying all over the place.

The other day one of the neighbors came over to look at some interior house painting the old lady had done and when she saw my office she was speechles....

So, I'm mentally OK, right?

Seriously, with that large of a stash I would return the Havolines from your purchases today and any others that you have receipts for. I think retaining a stash of at most 48 qts will satisfy the addiction and provide on-demand oil for OC's for a 1 or 2 car family. You will never get a return on that much of a stash or use it all, and the money spent is not gaining interest in your favor. Here at BITOG you are not alone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Looks like youre a hoist (or service pit) away from being a full Lube center :p

You know where I can get a deal on a hoist?

The supply stash at our house was five one litre bottles of Pennzoil 5W-30, one filter for each vehicle, a jug of multi-vehicle coolant, one quart of multi-vehicle transmission fluid and two gallons of -40 rated windshield washer fluid.

My dad actually said he regrets not putting 14 foot ceilings in our shop so we could have got a four point hoist installed. Where he works got rid of theirs and we could have basically taken it for ourselves if we had a place to put it.

Man, this is really embarassing... I just added up and I think I've got about the same amount of oil as you do. Been hittin' the sales a bit hard have we? I guess!!!
thumbsup2.gif

I have my display shelf where I arrange the bottles by color. I know it's wierd, but he black Syntec bottle looks nice next to the white Valvoline bottle; a green GTX Start up and a red MaxLife bookended by nice silver M1 and PP bottles. The shelf holds about 50 qt that way.

The rest of my oil I have carefully hidden in the garage so the wife doesn't suspect anything... shhhhh!

If those 17 assorted oil filters won't fit anything that you own or your family owns, then you may want to join the OCD-OIL Chapter closest to you. :)

wow. i thought i had it bad. i picked up 70 quarts combined of Havoline DS in 5w/10w-30 and a bunch of AA suregrip filters. thing is that i already used 10 quarts of the DS and a couple of filters already.

Originally Posted By: twentynine
By the way do you guys group by brand and then subgroup by weight or do you group by weight, regardless of brand? Me, I have grouped by weight regardless of brand. I would like to group by brand and then subgroup by weight, but I don't have the room.

LOL!!!. . .
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: twentynine
Does it bother you guys to use some of the oil in your stash? I feel like I have eaten one of my children when I use oil out of my stash.

LOL!!!. . .
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back