Hello. Motul 8100 5W30 in Mazdaspeed6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjd

Hello. I'm new here but have lurked as guest a bit in the past. I decided to register after I noticed my oil was pretty black not too long after changing it. I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 with the 2.3 Turbocharged DISI that I run Motul 8100 5W30 in. My dealer stocks it which makes things pretty convenient and at 8000km (the factory recommended interval) I switched from the factory semi-synthetic. Thanks to some searching here I have learned that DI engines really seem to beat up on their oil and that they have fuel dilution issues. My question is how does the Motul hold up against these issues? I realize I should probably get an UOA done, I'm at 22,000km so a due for another change soon. Thanks.

I had pretty good results with it in my Forester turbo, which usually has high fuel dilution in the winter.

UOA

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what dealership in Ontario has Motul availiable?

No problem. It's Dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket.

Thanks for the info! I wonder if many Mazda dealerships carry Motul oils? I'm up in Ottawa, so thats a bit far to travel for oil.....

I don't know if any other Mazda dealers do, Dave Wood is pretty involved in motorsports and they build a lot of cars for Mazda since they are right down the highway from Mazda Canada's head office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back