Heavy grease that doesnt smell?

Heya Everyone,

I've been repairing a set of side cases for my BMW motorcycle. The main latch assembly has to be reasonably greased to work smoothly. Experimented with several kinds of grease, but these 2 notably though: Super Lube, and Redline CV2.

The Super Lube works good, but not great, main thing is that it doesnt smell like hell. The CV2 works GREAT, but stinks like all hell, so not suitable for luggage.

Anyone have any suggestions for a heavy grease like a CV2 that has minimal (or no) odor?

Thanks for any info!

K

I see that at various places, "Molykote", right? I take it its pretty heavy/thick compared to something like Super Lube?

K

It's similar to Super Lube but super thick. Has a lot of uses such as plastic water valves and o-rings.

I'll give it a shot, thank you very much for the tip! :D

K

I don't see the latch grease having to have "extreme" Anti Wear or Extreme Pressure performance. IMO, I would stay with Superlube if you have it. Food grade, doesn't smell, doesn't stain horribly (you are touching these boxes' latches), and it is already at a GC-LB level performance anyway!

It's similar to Super Lube but super thick. Has a lot of uses such as plastic water valves and o-rings.
Thanks again, that DC 111 stuff really did the trick. It smoothed out the action quite a bit. That heavier layer between the sliding plates makes a notable difference.

K

Last edited:
I don't see the latch grease having to have "extreme" Anti Wear or Extreme Pressure performance. IMO, I would stay with Superlube if you have it. Food grade, doesn't smell, doesn't stain horribly (you are touching these boxes' latches), and it is already at a GC-LB level performance anyway!
Super Lube works ok, its just not quite heavy enough. The DC 111 is much thicker, and provided a better sliding layer between the plates assembly. Zero stiction now,

K

Back