Headphones for conferencing

I just got a Blue Snowball iCE for all these assorted business calls. I just listen to how everyone else uses their computer audio and it's generally pretty poor. The price also went down to $39.99 and I had some rewards credit at Office Depot (must have been from years of accumulation because I didn't remember it). But I could use headphones for a number of reasons, starting with preventing feedback with the mic.

Not sure where my old headphones are. I had a Sennheiser HD320 and an HD580 that I bought over 20 years ago and used primarily for listening with an audio system. Last I remember my dad borrowed them, although he said the HD580 stopped working. I haven't looked at it although I'm thinking maybe the detachable cable is busted. Not sure if those would be the greatest for voice, but the HD580 was just so comfortable for listening for a long time.

I'm looking at newer Sennheiser headphones. What others use are headsets. I ordered a Logitech gaming headset for a previous company, but that was then company property after I expensed it and I returned it when I left. But I'll buy one on my own. I was thinking the Sennheiser HD559, but that comes with a 2.5mm (at the headphone) to 6.3mm cable and I'd probably need to get a separate 2.5 to 3.5. Some of their higher end headphones come with multiple cables that include a 3.5 end.

Anyone use a setup like what I'm thinking? Sometimes these meetings go on for hours, or it's just one meeting after another. I'm hoping for something that doesn't hurt my ears, would work well for meeting audio, sounds reasonably clear (don't need mind blowing sound quality), and doesn't produce too much sweat.

We tested and settled on MPow Bluetooth headsets at work, they have single ear piece that can be worn on either side of the head, sound quality is very good and they were only $40, bought 30+ units. I actually bought one for personal use too. Battery lasts more than a day, they claim 18hrs but I never tested if it's true. One thing I advice is to disable 'Audio Enhancements' in Windows audio settings, it actually improves audio quality.
I don't see the same units on Amazon now but they are similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-An...NzMifQ==&sprefix=mpow+headset,aps,158&sr=8-11

I just use airpods for everything, one earbud at a time if needed to let the other one charge then swap.

I've used one of a couple pairs of these every day for the last 4 years. I listen to podcasts at work all day. I've never had an issue with battery life. I have heard the one with a boom mic is really good for meetings and conferences.

I use my HyperX Cloud Alpha gaming headset, I see they now offer a blacked out version that’s less “gamer bro” than the black with red anodized metal mine have. I have a giant head and find them to be comfortable and they don’t make me sweaty like my Sennheiser HD280 Pro’s do. Otherwise AirPods/AirPods Pro’s would be my choice.

Back