Haze removal after polishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a porter cable random orbit polisher with a crimson Lake country foam pad and Meguiars 205 polish to remove light scratches on my rather glossy dark green BMW paint. After polishing, most of the scratches are gone but the finish seems to have a light haze. What do I need to restore the gloss? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: shinyWheels
Light haze as in polish is not completely removed or as in there are still fine scratches?

I wiped it down with an alcohol/water wipe (IPA) Apparently there are still very fine scratches that my eye is seeing as a haze. It even shows after using a synthetic polish like Duragloss tTP. I am also comparing an unpolished area and polished area. The unpolished area has a slightly higher gloss.

Last edited:
You need a finer polish to remove the micro-marring. Do you have anything finer than 205?

205 can be tricky to finish down with. If you have HD Polish+ or Menzerna SF4000, either of those would probably do the trick.

If you plan on coating with a CarPro coating, the new CarPro Essence would be perfect as well.

Originally Posted By: Bear
You used the right product with the correct pad. I'd go over the area with the same combo again.

Thanks. I have ordered a couple of finer/softer polishing pads. I will try those as well. Perhaps'jewelling" is what I am after.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
You need a finer polish to remove the micro-marring. Do you have anything finer than 205?

205 can be tricky to finish down with. If you have HD Polish+ or Menzerna SF4000, either of those would probably do the trick.

If you plan on coating with a CarPro coating, the new CarPro Essence would be perfect as well.

Thanks, Nothing finer at the moment. Perhaps you are rightt. I am new at this so I am learning.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Russell
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Thanks, Nothing finer at the moment. Perhaps you are rightt. I am new at this so I am learning.

Send me a PM and I can add you to the Detailer Buddies group on Facebook. Plenty of great minds on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back