Havoline price still going up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't seem to be any ceiling to the price of Havoline. I love this oil, but there are certainly other oils out there that are on par AND are less expensive. I'm thinking about switching to Motorcraft. I wonder if Havoline thinks their chit don't stink or something? Is everyone else paying the premium prices for the Havoline, or have you made the switch?

Interesting.
dunno.gif

Their price went DOWN in the last month. (was $11.98 for 5 qts)

One of the best oils you can buy for around $2 a quart everyday...

$10.48 for a 5 quart jug. Cheaper than Pennzoil, Castrol. Vavoline is $9.97, QS is $8.97 and Mobil 5000 is $8.84 for 5 qt jugs.

Bill
patriot.gif

The Wal----- I usually buy my oil at has the Havoline at $2.5X a qt. $2 I wouldn't complain about.

Quote:

The Wal----- I usually buy my oil at has the Havoline at $2.5X a qt. $2 I wouldn't complain about.

Smart shoppers buy the five quart jug. Not any deals with single quarts -- unless you find a sale - or drop down to oils like Trop Artic, Supertech... etc. I prefer QS, Havoline ... etc.... even Mobil 5000 over Supertech, Trop Artic... etc.

Havoline's 5qt jug is on par with everyone else here. Packing costs are higher when buying by qt. bottles. Unless you find a sale everyone's qt. bottles will be somewhat higher.
I buy all my oil in gallon jugs or buckets to save on package costs.

why stress about qt prices? just buy oil on sale in the rebate forum. I prefer the FAR oil.

Hmm, Havoline is on sale at my local AAP for $1.98 per quart. I've been think of getting some if this is a good price.

Quote:

Smart shoppers buy the five quart jug. Not any deals with single quarts -- unless you find a sale - or drop down to oils like Trop Artic, Supertech... etc. I prefer QS, Havoline ... etc.... even Mobil 5000 over Supertech, Trop Artic... etc.

I don't really consider Trop Artic a drop down. Especially in 5w30 as in this weight it is actually a blend. Havoline used to be the great oil and a great price. IMHO TA has taken that spot.

All u Havoline luvers shoulda stocked up on the old stuff. I bought 25 quarts of it on sale for $1.50/quart prior to the "new and improved" version's debut.
driving.gif

Hopefully it keeps going up and up in price and eventually Havoline sales drops off and a store decides to discontinue it.

Just like AAP did with the Havoline HM and Syn Blend.

Ive also been using havoline and Im thinking about switching to something less expensive, especially since theyre out with the DS now which from what Ive seen on here it costs around %15 more if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll go back to mobil 5000 if its cheaper for me here like it is for Bill in UT.

Turns out the havoline DS is not more expensive than the old formula here. I checked several places here in town and walmart had the best deals by far. all oils listed are 5w30 energy conserving.

Pennzoil $2.78qt, $9.97jug 5qts (cheapest price per jug)
Havoline DS $2.50qt, $10.88jug 5qts
Castrol GTX $2.74qt, $10.97jug 5qts
Mobil 5000 $2.22qt, =$11.10 5qts (cheapest price per qt)

Big Lots still has the 5 quart jugs of 5w30 pre DS Havoline for $8

Not really a great deal, but its the least expensive Havoline found.

Thats pretty good actually. Averages out to around $1.60qt which is a lot better than what Ive been paying for the old formula at around $2.40qt. I have a big lots near by so thanks I'll check it out.

There is a very interesting UOA re: Havoline from lindermant.... sorry to say it did not do so well.... I agree with others stating that the MC angle may now be the best if Havoline continues to rise in price.

There may be cheaper than MC and Havoline, but MC still holds a nice track record and if the price of Havoline matches that of MC, then no contest, go with MC.
I remember Havoline being below $1.50 very recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back