Havoline Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people like Havoline oil. I was wondering if everyone was referring to Havoline synthetic or dino Havoline? Also I see they have a high mileage oil; there are a lot of companies that are advertising Hi-Mileage oils. I had used Quaker State HM for some time in my Grand Cherokee that had 218,00 miles (Figured that qualified as High Mileage) Then they started adding Slick 50 and maybe I have been given bad info but I have never really heard anything good said about slick 50, so I stopped using it. I now use Havoline dino. Is the High Mileage oil just playing to our emotional side to always use the best available?

Quote:

I see a lot of people like Havoline oil. I was wondering if everyone was referring to Havoline synthetic or dino Havoline?

99% of the message threads here that are praising Havoline / Chevron oil are talking about their conventional oil offerings, not their synthetic oil.

BTW,
welcome.gif
to BITOG!

WJS, the high-mileage oil is for high mileage vehicles. More additive (supposedly), more in the way of seal swellers (supposedly), and thicker (most are 30 and 40-weight). If you're burning/using oil (not leaking it out on the ground) the High mileage oils may be for you. But high mileage engines, in and of themselves, don't automatically present themselves as candidates for HM oil. I'd guess that plenty of the cars in the hands of BITOG users with 218K are just fine, burn no oil, and happily run 5W20 with no complaint or oil usage.
cheers.gif

Meanwhile, use the Havoline with confidence
patriot.gif

Or save some $$$ and buy Chevron Supreme conventional motor oil - Havoline and Chevron Supreme are both made by Chevron Oil Co. and they're the same, now. (Finding it may be the tricky part, though...)

Chevron IS tricky, Ray..

Why aren't Chevron and Trop Artic marketed on the East coast, at least in the NorthEast? We have lots of Havoline, Motorcraft, even lots of GC via Auto Zone, yet no Chevron? Brand recognition? Where you are, do you see Cevron and Havoline side-by-side?

Doesn't matter, really, there are STILL plenty of choices, but the distribution is really spotty and weird.
dunno.gif

Quote:

Costco sells Chevron oil.

Not here in Michigan either - so my guess would be that the thread-starter's home reisdence of Illinois - a neighbor to Michigan - doesn't have Chevron either. The only name brand passenger oil Costco sells here is Formula Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back