HAVOLINE & M1 MIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi quick question, what do you think of havoline 5w20 5qts and 1 qt mobil 1 ep for 04 ford exp 5.4, seems to be the least noisey at start up I have found. thanks for any input

That's funny. I thought about asking a similar question. Only mine is 3qts of havoline 5w20 and 3 qts of mobil 1 5w20 for a 50-50 synthetic blend.

Well if that works for you then great. Thanks for letting us know that it's a good brew.
stirthepot.gif

I'm just curious if the M1 even makes much of a difference. Maybe help with cold starting (flow). A little more temperature stable/heat resistant as well.

At least this way, you know exactly how much synth is in the mix, unlike buyng SynthBlend.

What I am curious is the ramifications of mixing different brands (I'm sure you are curious as well?).

As an example, I have thought of 4 quarts 10w30 Walmart Synth and 1 quart Chevron Supreme (dino) 20w50 in my turbo car.

I just drained a mixture of 2-1/2 quarts each of Havoline 5W20 and Mobil 1 5W20 out of our 2005 Honda Accord I4. I ran the oil for 7,000 miles with a Wix filter.

The oil was not "dirty", but a very dark transparent brown.

I refilled with 4-3/4 quarts of straight M1 and a Wix Filter. Will run this for another 7,000 miles.

How about three quarts of Havoline 5W20 and a quart of PP 10W30? Or maybe 50/50? If I have Group III PP, should be ok, but what if it's the group IV or V from earlier days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back