Havoline 5W/30, 2940 miles, 2007 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third UOA on this 2.0L, K20Z3 Honda engine. Getting 27-28 city/30-34 hw mpg...no lie. Honda Filtec, LC20, no make-up oil, Shell Premium gas and normal smooth driving. Warm-up about 30-90 seconds until it falls off high idle and drops to 1,500 rpm. EASY driving first 2-3 miles always. Occasional spirited acceleration, on ramps, passing on two lane country and mountain roads. No rice boy racing.

-----------------------
Blackstone Laboratories All
2,180, 3,095, 2,940.....(Universal ave. 5400)
2,180, 5,275, 8,213..... N/A
FF, Hav. 5W/30, Hav. 5W/30....(?????)

Al 6 2 1... 3
Cr 1 0 0... 0
Fe 10 6 3... 8
Cu 9 11 5... 4
Pb 2 1 0... 3
Sn 0 1 0... 0
Mo 337 322 321... 81
Ni 0 0 0... 0
Mn 0 0 0... 0
Ag 0 0 0... 0
Ti 0 0 0... 0
K 0 0 1... 1
B 195 69 40... 56
Si 57 15 10... 10
Na 8 2 2... 24
Ca 1707 1402 1570... 2292
Mg 14 29 37... 83
P 587 547 589... 717
Zn 707 685 696... 859

VIS @ 210 = 54.0, 54.1, 55.1
Flash = 410, 395, 390
Fuel antiFre. = 0, 0, 0
water = 0, 0, 0
Insoulables
BLACKSTONE COMMENTS
M....: We would say your Civic has moved past the break-in period at this point. It looks terrific. The universal averages column shows typical wear from this type of engine after 5400 miles on the oil. Your short oil changes have allowed the engine to complete wear-in quickly (you may find that copper still drops by a ppm or two), and we think it would be fine if you wanted to start running synthetic oil. The oil was in good shape physically, containing no moisture, fuel, or coolant. The air and oil filters are working well too. The slightly low viscosity is common with this engine.
-------------------------------------------

Waiting, and waiting
coffee.gif
, for my Amsoil Ea013 filters to get here and then I'll switch to synthetic. Will use VP Racing Fuels' RS530 5W/30, a thin ester based street oil. (No LC20 for awhile.) Started using FP60 today. I'll be uber-happy if the VP equals much less beats these Havoline conventional oil numbers. Longer OCI's for this oil. Hot season coming soon. (Low 80's today.)
Half a bottle of beer each for the Japanese who built this engine and the Canadians who put the coupe together.
cheers2.gif

Look a lot like my Neon's recent report with BG MOA. MOA added some calcium 2077. But wear was similar. basically nothing. Good report.

Thanks. Love this car. VERY QUICK steer-by-wire works great, alignment stays perfect, better then advertised mpg, digital speed on the dash turns out to be very cool and handy to keeping eyes on the road. The VSA has saved my neck once already. Speed sensitive volumn control on radio is GREAT. Car handles like a dream, comfortable but sporty ride, nice styling to my eyes. Does everything VERY well. Honda got this Si right for a change. Hope the 9th Gen Civic Si is even better.

Negatives...cheap door panel material scuffs just looking at it, carpet is so-so, the floor mats are junk and it needs a leather option. (Rubber all seasons are very good mats.) Oil filter not in a good spot and horizontal.

The engine is very nice. It's a practical sports coupe. You can take it up to 75-80 in third and still have three more gears to play with up to 135 mph, or purr around easy in 5th doing 35 and just barely turning over 2000 rpms on a 8,000 Redline car. Yes, there are many real sports cars that do this easy and then some, but how many get 28 city and 34 highway?

I've never been a fan of the speed controlled volume on cars, but that's because I like my music loud
smile.gif
I love getting people's attention at the stop lights with my subs. Glad to hear you're liking the car, i'd love to get a Civic Si someday.

Quote:

I've never been a fan of the speed controlled volume on cars, but that's because I like my music loud
smile.gif
I love getting people's attention at the stop lights with my subs. Glad to hear you're liking the car, i'd love to get a Civic Si someday.

I'm sure those people loved being disturbed by your thumping "system."
smirk.gif

Grow up.

It's not that loud, they're really generic subs and I don't keep them loud enough to disturb anyone in the sense of being annoying. No dynamat = subs not very loud. Otherwise my car will just sound like a bunch of rattles
smile.gif
It's not loud enough to hear inside of anyones house from outside either. I don't do it that often either. I appreciate the grow up comment, but i'm not as immature as I may seem. I don't go around neighborhoods waking everyone up in the middle of the night or shaking the ground around me. I like to turn it up with the windows down, and enjoy the weather and ambiance.

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

smile.gif

I'm sure those people loved being disturbed by your thumping "system."
smirk.gif

Grow up.

As long as he's not playing it really loud late at night in residential neighborhoods, I don't see a problem. I'm about to build a pretty nice system in my Corvette, with a 12" Infiniti Perfect subwoofer, powered by a 667 watt Rockford Fosgate P5002 amp, as well as Infiniti speakers up front and Alpine speakers in the middle. Wherever I go I like having nice sound, at home I just finished building the first stage of a nice home theater system, with a Yamaha amp, Polk Audio 10" subwoofer, and PSB bookshelf speakers. There is nothing wrong with liking good sound as long as you're not disturbing people while they sleep.

I know too many people like that. For example, my neighbor has this obnoxious little neon with a HUGE muffler and he'll rev the engine at 2am in the morning, then drive off with his stereo at full volume, waking up the entire neighborhood. That's not me, and it's not my style. Thanks Patman, I appreciate the support
smile.gif

Those huge f a r t cans are a personal pet peeve of mine.

They're exactly like a big sweat-sock stuffed in a speedo.

They're almost always used to somehow make the owners of super-gutless economy vehicles feel 'racy'. They do seem to impress the 14 year old girls from what my neighbor's son tells me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back