Havoline 10w40, 3.2 hours, 06 YZ250F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texaco Havoline 10w40 SL in a 2006 Yamaha YZ250F.
at drain, 3.2 hours on oil, 12.7 hours on bike.
this was 54 ground miles in the Gator Bait enduro.
Testing done by Blackstone Labs 2/9/06.

INSOLUBLES: .1%
WATER: 0.0%
ANTIFREEZE: 0.0%
FUEL: 1.0%
FLASHPOINT IN F: 355
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210 F: 60.7

ALUMINUM 8
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 7
COPPER 7
LEAD 372
TIN 1
MOLYBDENUM 51
NICKEL 1
MANGANESE 1
SILVER 2
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 1
BORON 96
SILICON 5
SODIUM 1
CALCIUM 1349
MAGNESIUM 27
PHOSPHORUS 542
ZINC 642
BARIUM 0

The MixMaster of DOOM! has once again slayed a top rated oil in no time flat. I turned this "vaunted" oil into a thin 30wt in 54 miles. what would happen at 108 miles? i don't want to know. the odd part is how varied the Zn and Ca are from the last test where 800cc (of the 1.3L) came from the same JUG!!!
glad it works well in cars because it doesn't work well in a high hp/cc shared sump bike.

p.s. the lead is from the Howell 002 race fuel.

straight 40 for your setup
grin.gif
I really enjoy these uoa's.

titan,
yes, i've tested SRT. it did well. but if that was all i used, you wouldn't get to see more uoa's from me now would you?

steve s (nice name btw),
i can't seem to find a sae 40wt. it is like all of the stores taunt me by NOT carring it. i'd love to test it out once i find some.

p.s. gold GC is in the MMoD for this weekends hare scramble. wanna place some bets?
grin.gif

i'll bet the elves get shredded into a thin 20wt or thick 10wt in the ~60 miles i'll go.

steve unruh

there is a big one on I35 on the way to dallas near waco. got a suggestion for the MMoD to shear into water?
grin.gif

I'd be surprised if Gold 0-30 shears to a thin 20-thick 10. It will be interesting to find out! It gives me another of your UOA's to look forward to...

titan,
don't worry, lots in the pipeline to keep you happy.
let's see the lineup after GC includes:
the new amsoil, exxon superflow 10w40 (to compare with its incredible 20w50), maxima (one of the ester versions), and some motul 5100 15w50 this summer. so at least 5 more will be done.

silver 5??? magnesium 37? barium 9??? This was your last reading. Guess this may prove the break in period. Lower this time. Magnesium is an additve though isn't it.

Lower silver lower baruim GOOD. You did put a hr more on your last reading,but I still think the lower readings prove our break in theory! Thinned out again very quickly.

MMoD UOA's. I'm waiting for the saga with bated breath. And, yes, bated is the correct term. I hate it when people write "baited" breath, like they just ate raw shrimp, or something!
pat.gif

this is going to be good. i did 55 miles (11 saturday, 44 sunday) with the GC. so the milage on havoline vs GC is almost identical. i have to wash and dry the bike before i can take the sample to send off.

OOHH, OOHH, Mr. Cotter! Mr. Cotter! Are any of you old enough to remember that show? Anyway, this will potentially be a very interesting sample!

"What's a pilot?"

plenty old enough!!!

got the bike washed last night.
i doubt i will get to pull the bash plate and drain the oil being Valentines and all. "let me give you a big hug honey, i've got gold GC on my hands!" then again, ya never know. she calls my bike the "girlfriend". i have to love her though, she will mail off oil samples to blackstone for me without complaining.
grin.gif

sunruh

I'm new to dirt biking so I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your info and help. I've gone over all of your UOAs and it helped me choose the type of oil to use in my dirt bike. I ride an '04 Suzuki DRZ400E. Surely a much tamer ride than that of the racing thumpers but I still love it! My oil of choice is SRT 15w40. I change it every 100 miles and filter every 200 miles. I'm a trail rider so I'm not bouncing off the rev limiter like the mxers... the oil is still clean when I drain it... so I think it's a good approach for me.

Thanks again and cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back