Have you eaten moving food before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korea- Live octopus covered with sauce. served on a plate. Heres a video clip I found on the internet on what it kind of looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK3kx-9Ew0&search=Eating alive octopus

Japan- Fish that is cut alive with the head still intact. While you eat the fishes flesh, the guy displays the cut fish in front of you for show. The gills, mouth, eyes, fins and heart is still moving. Heres a picture I took in Kyushu region , Japan.

-

Luckily they never show me the baby when I'm having baby back ribs.
tongue.gif

Say what you will, looking at the twitching remains of the critter you eat is perverse and degenerate -- at least in my book.

Freshly dead if you please. I eaten stuff right off the plant that is still alive. Berries, tomatoes, peppers and stuff.....

Good gawd mori, be respectful of other culture.

Cutural, bah, humbug. I'll have the Romans feed you to a murray. Then Clavius can have the murray as main course.
tongue.gif

Moving it from the plate to my mouth is about all I can stomach.

I saw that show "Amazing Race" a while back, they were in Korea and had to eat live octopus. I'm pretty adventurous, but not that adventurous...

Joyfully devouring live food or watching your food in its death throws has some psycho-sexual-oral implications I'd rather not contemplate.

PS: I just butchered a few tomatoes, cut up a butter lettuce, threw some violently peeled, de-stoned and sliced avocados in a bowl and then threw some grilled chicken strips (sans flu, I hope!) on my veg. But I swear, nuthin's movin' or looking at me!
tongue.gif

Even organic chicken breathes non-organic air. It was a free-range chicken. He had strong legs that one.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Freshly dead if you please. I eaten stuff right off the plant that is still alive. Berries, tomatoes, peppers and stuff.....

Good gawd mori, be respectful of other culture.

You know , I never thought of that. Now I can take that as a offense to the PETA vegans.

BTW, sorry for the bad bad grammer guys!!

True Mori but they are minus the anti-biotics which end up killing hunderds if not thousands in Australia alone every year (VRE). Just not worth it let alone the lack of flavour/texture organic has. Try it you'll be hooked IMO.

The chicken I buy is labeled as having been not been exposed to antibiotics and growth hormone. Same with the pork I eat and milk I drink. The term "organic" is used pretty loosely in the US and I do not trust it for the lack of consistency, regulation and oversight. For example, they can label produce organic as long as it's grown without the use of pesticides in soil that has previously been over-fertilized and exposed to pesticides. The soil may still be leaching junk into the "organic" food. Living in the country side, it would be easier to buy from someone you can trust. In the city, you do as good as you can. I buy what's labeled and what looks good. If I were to buy only organic food, I'd spend every month $700 for food for two!

Mori Organic here is tightly controlled. A wheat farmer got 6mths jail first offence for spraying his wheat and got caught. About 5 different certification organisations but two are going to merge I hear. We spend more than $A700/month for three (2.5 really as daughter eats like a bird).

I think it's good if it's tightly controlled. Otherwise the temptation to slap on ornanic label on and to charge a 30% premium on what really doesn't meet the requirements is just too large.

By the way, 700.00 USD is ca 986.00 AUD.

Lobster sushi is wonderful!
I've tried live octopus before, but very small ones only.

I have eaten live caterpillars, worms and other grubs for protien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back