Have there ever been any parked vehicles totaled or almost totaled on the street you live on, by speeding drivers?

Back in July, my Buick was destroyed by a woman paying too much attention to her cell phone:

thumbnail_Buick 3.jpg

thumbnail_Buick 1.jpg

Shortly after we moved to our new house, some guy trying to out-run the police (down a dead end street) smashed his car into a power line, took it down, and knocked out power to the whole street area for close to 8 hours.

Had this happen to a Ford Taurus, not a drunk, but a Girlfriend of my son's. She was looking to see if he was home and smacked the TAURUS. Her insurance paid out more than the car was worth.

When I lived on West 92nd Street in Manhattan came out at 4 am to see my 88 Town Car sideswiped. I worked in upstate New York so needed a vehicle. Costed me 2K bucks to repair.

When I lived on West 92nd Street in Manhattan came out at 4 am to see my 88 Town Car sideswiped. I worked in upstate New York so needed a vehicle. Costed me 2K bucks to repair.
wow. I doubt the car was all that expensive to begin with back then. What Like 8k brand new?

wow. I doubt the car was all that expensive to begin with back then. What Like 8k brand new?
If I recall correctly going price brand new was 28K bucks.

Bought it a year old for 16K bucks.. That was the going price back in 1989 for a year old fully loaded Town Car. Only had 10K miles on it at the time. Kept it until 1999 and put close to 300K miles on it. No major issues with it. Came with a extended warranty which I never had to use. That was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. Everything worked perfectly. Had a awesome climate control system. Was a super low maintenance vehicle. The Town Car took the pounding of the NYC streets like a champ.

Back in the 80's and 90's the Town Car was called the Money Maker for Livery service drivers in NYC...The 302 V8 in it could have used more power but I was okay with it. Was decent on fuel.

Not many speeders in my tight cul-de-sac but several have not made the tight turn, without side swiping a car. Probably texting and driving with their knee.

Back