Have a chuckle on me.

Got stuck in heavy mud so I had to get the Ranger to tow it back to the house. Got to the level part at the top of the hill when the mower took a right turn and headed down the hill to the pond. The chain came loose and into the pond it went. The Ranger wouldn’t pull it out. My neighbor above me brought his big awd tractor down and we got it pulled out. It went in up to the bar the chain is on. Carb didn’t go under and the Hydrogears are sealed. It started and blew water out of the muffler and had a few snails on it but it seems fine. I got real lucky but you can imagine how I felt.
IMG_0180.jpeg

They can be a bugger to move. Good luck with it all. It happens.
I have the same scenario as the above but use a stand-on and sometimes my 4wd Massey in those areas.

It can become a fiasco as you know within seconds. I'm not interested in getting into anymore of that

I had something similar, only it was a car, and instead of a pond it was a rock. Insurance paid out more than it was worth, but not enough to replace in today's market.

So yeah, I can imagine how you felt.

Ugh that sucks. My grandfather has 20 acres, a good 5 of it is constantly wet due to springs. Mowing that part of it is always a nightmare. The grass is thick, so it is difficult to tell how much traction you have until you suddenly have none. Zero-turns while great at being maneuverable, are terrible on anything besides flat, dry ground. The minute you get to an area of slightly wet ground or a hill, traction is immediately compromised. Some are better than others, but the heavier they are the worse it is.

Ugh that sucks. My grandfather has 20 acres, a good 5 of it is constantly wet due to springs. Mowing that part of it is always a nightmare. The grass is thick, so it is difficult to tell how much traction you have until you suddenly have none. Zero-turns while great at being maneuverable, are terrible on anything besides flat, dry ground. The minute you get to an area of slightly wet ground or a hill, traction is immediately compromised. Some are better than others, but the heavier they are the worse it is.
So true! They will get stuck before you can even react. I keep an eye on the front tires and if they show wet - I have to be careful lol

I once got to see a pickup compression bleed itself down a hill and into the point the next morning. Driver put it in gear with no parking brake and the entire truck was under water.

Don't feel bad my neighbor sank a bobcat in his back yard, deep. Tried to get it out with his half ton Ford, no four wheel low. Had to take the new truck over and drag it out. What a mess.

There is possibly only one thing worse............before I got the knobs on the ZT, I was slipping and sliding down a slope doing my F1 thing trying avoid a slide....I missed one on my wife's PRIZE trees by maybe 1/2"

It would have been taser, divorce papers or both!

So I would never chuckle at a fellow mower!

Last edited:
Back