Hassle Free Bank Deposit

i think you overreacting over the deposit; i'd joke with the staff, like yes, yes ill do it, but at the end of the day you do whatever you deem its best for you

personal finances, are just that the personal finances

move on

i think you overreacting over the deposit; i'd joke with the staff, like yes, yes ill do it, but at the end of the day you do whatever you deem its best for you

personal finances, are just that the personal finances

move on
Thanks but it's conversation
My post is based on prior events. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Just tell them that's all you want to do at this time.
Ask them to stop calling you, not sure if there is a law in your state that prevents harassing calls by punishing them with a steep fine.
Banks are scrambling lately and are very aggressive, just act in your own interests.
Personally, I don't even answer calls unless I know who the call is from, the rest can go into voice mail if important, 95% don't leave messages.

My bank-broker is FDIC insured to 2.5 million
They do the multiple account deal so you don't have too.
That's who I use and that's why I use them.

The FDIC limit is $250,000.00 per account-except where noted as to ownership type. If there is insurance past that limit your bank is buying additional coverage. OR - they are taking excess amounts and depositing them in "partner banks" in different accounts.
The standard coverage limit is $250,000 per account owner, per each of the ownership categories we include in the table below.
That means you could technically qualify for more than $250,000 in coverage if you hold accounts in more than one ownership category, either as an individual or with a joint account holder.
For instance, a couple with a joint checking account that’s FDIC-insured can receive insurance for up to $500,000 for the same shared account ($250,000 per co-owner). And if each of you opens your own individual checking account separately (under the category of “single account”) it would also have its own $250,000 coverage on top of your joint checking’s $500,000 coverage.
You can also see that trusts, benefit plans and other accounts factor in whether there are beneficiaries, participants or custodians connected to them.
Here’s a breakdown of the FDIC coverage broken up by type of account owner.

FDIC deposit insurance coverage limits​

Type of account owner categoryCoverage limit
Single accounts$250,000 per owner
Joint accounts$250,000 per co-owner
Certain retirement accounts$250,000 per owner
Revocable trusts$250,000 per owner per unique beneficiary
Corporation, partnership and unincorporated association$250,000 per corporation, partnership or unincorporated association
Irrevocable trusts$250,000 per unique beneficiary that’s entitled to the account
Employee benefit plans$250,000 per plan participant that’s entitled to the account
Government accounts$250,000 per official custodian (more coverage may be available)

Last edited:
In all my banking accounts, including my primary that has lots of B&M branches in the area, I just deposit into my checking account via the app. Works easy and great. But if I have a check, and especially if I want cash, no issues with going to my branch, and no hassles.

Maybe it’s because I dont keep much money in my checking account ever? Maybe it was because until recently, my trading account and bank account were both with the same bank/company?

Sure but they know me on a personal level and would stop by my house if I don't answer.
I guess when I deposit it I will tell them I will be taking it out right after it clears.. honesty is the best policy..thanks.
I just thought I could take it to another branch..
Screw that. I don't need my bank that much in my business. I really don't want my bank in my small area taking an interest in how much I make.

Banks want you to keep money with them since they can lend based on that money to make money, mortgages and loans. If I'm not mistaken, US banks may issue 26x in loans, e.g. if bank has $1M in customer deposits they can lend out $26M in loans and make interest on that. Crazy, I know.

Tell them you are sending the $$ to a Nigerian prince who needs it for a huge development and they have promised to send back 3x the amount in 2 months

Old screenshot...now $2.5M

Screenshot_20231002-053002~2.jpg

A Treasury money fund is an equal alternative FDIC. Lots out there over 5%, and highly liquid.

So set up an account with (insert any of many names here) that does deposits by taking a photo of the front and back of the check and that also does transfers online to the one you want to use. Should be many to choose from. I've done the photo deposit thing a few times and it worked fine. Good luck.

Back