Hassle Free Bank Deposit

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I need to deposit a check this week into my checking account at my local bank. After it clears I am going to transfer it to a better account that pays more interest. Online only and I already have account with them.

My local bank hassles me all the time to invest with them but they pay little. So to avoid the repeated calls if I go 10 miles up the road to another branch do you think they will hassle me the same? I just need 3 to 5 days to get it out of there .

I can easily say no but my local branch all knows me on a personal level and sometimes that isn't cool.

So to avoid the repeated calls if I go 10 miles up the road to another branch do you think they will hassle me the same? I just need 3 to 5 days to get it out of there .
Couldn’t you just let it go to voicemail?
I mean, they’re not family members or coworkers, just people doing what they are told to do and they probably get yelled at a dozen times a day.

Couldn’t you just let it go to voicemail?
I mean, they’re not family members or coworkers, just people doing what they are told to do and they probably get yelled at a dozen times a day.
Sure but they know me on a personal level and would stop by my house if I don't answer.
I guess when I deposit it I will tell them I will be taking it out right after it clears.. honesty is the best policy..thanks.
I just thought I could take it to another branch..

I'd go in there and ask them to flag a note in your account, that your finances and investment decisions are personal, and you do not wish to discuss them, nor receive marketing material.

Back in 2008 or so Bank of America had a program where a manager would jump out of the shadows when I was using the ATM and start chatting me up about services. That ended quickly!

I'd go in there and ask them to flag a note in your account, that your finances and investment decisions are personal, and you do not wish to discuss them, nor receive marketing material.

Back in 2008 or so Bank of America had a program where a manager would jump out of the shadows when I was using the ATM and start chatting me up about services. That ended quickly!
Sounds like a good way to get a BoA manager shot!

Smile and tell them you have plans of a personal nature for it. Then just don't answer any more questions, or simply repeat the first part. They will get the hint.
Life really got easier for me when I decided I would never let anyone sell me a product or service. A simple "no" with no other discussion gets the point across to sales people you won't be playing the game. Don't hold it against them as banks are notorious for forcing their employees to hard sell at every opportunity.

High and liquid. You could find slightly higher but no false advertising here ..you see that everywhere with bogus fine print promises

You lose money at any bank due to a default and it's your own fault-meaning you have a higher deposit than the insurance. Rather silly when one can just open multiple accounts. Amounts of FDIC insurance is a rather silly criteria when it's easily avoidable to lose one's money.

I have had money with rumored banks going in to default-and they did. And the FEDS stepped in-just like I knew they would.

High and liquid. You could find slightly higher but no false advertising here ..you see that everywhere with bogus fine print promises
FDIC will always kick in-or another like arrangement. Who have you known who has lost a bank deposit? Assuming they didn't go beyond insured deposit limits.

My online broker does not offer that service and agree it would have been the best route to go.
Add an online broker (or different bank) that does have mobile deposit and then use that to deposit and then transfer out like you are doing your local bank.

Or like others have said, just tell the local bank no thanks.

You lose money at any bank due to a default and it's your own fault-meaning you have a higher deposit than the insurance. Rather silly when one can just open multiple accounts. Amounts of FDIC insurance is a rather silly criteria when it's easily avoidable to lose one's money.

I have had money with rumored banks going in to default-and they did. And the FEDS stepped in-just like I knew they would.
My bank-broker is FDIC insured to 2.5 million
They do the multiple account deal so you don't have too.
That's who I use and that's why I use them.

Back