Has anyone bought the new Pirelli P7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In their most recent tire test, the H-rated size of the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All-Season is ranked #5. In the V-rated category, they are ranked #2.

I just had a set installed on my Corolla. Seem good. Have a 700 treadwear rating. Had them on for a month but havent had a chance to see how they perform on wet roads.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
In their most recent tire test, the H-rated size of the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All-Season is ranked #5. In the V-rated category, they are ranked #2.

Tire test by whom? Do you have a link?

Originally Posted By: teddyboy

Oops, I have a brain lapse. I meant to say Consumer Reports. I would share a link but it is a paid subscription.

I have those on fiat. 195/45/16. They are more on performance side than comfort=more noisy/stiffer and run flats. If I had a choice I would get hankook h727.
They perform fine, but doesnt take a lot of pedal to spin them in wet (or dry but only when my ECU box set to race mod). Other than that -good in overall tire.

Last edited:
I just got them a few weeks ago. They had a nice rebate going on. I've found them very good. The only complaint I have is the smell. They give off a very strong silicone/rubbery smell that has lasted several weeks. I'm used to a new tire smell, but this is stronger and if I walk out into my drive way right now I can still smell it. It's worse after the tires are warm, so you can smell it when getting out of the car once you reach your destination but is much diminished when you return to the car after, say, an hour or so. Other than that, I've found the performance good, they are pretty quiet, and improved the ride considerably on my GS over the previous Kuhmo Ecsta all-seasons. Mine are 215/60R16. Purchased 3/22

Originally Posted By: teddyboy

Oops, I have a brain lapse. I meant to say Consumer Reports. I would share a link but it is a paid subscription.

That helps, I have a consumer reports subscription.

Originally Posted By: MBS500
I have those on fiat. 195/45/16. They are more on performance side than comfort=more noisy/stiffer and run flats.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season tires ARE NOT Run Flat tires.
Don't confuse the fact that your car doesn't have a spare tire with the tires being a run flat type of tire. They are not run flats.

I have an Abarth in my garage right now with the exact same tires you have on your Turbo.
It belongs to my fiance.

BC.

Originally Posted By: mason1125
Originally Posted By: cathy
where is this tire made?

From Tirerack, it states MEXICO.

Yes they are made in mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back