Harley Davidson Icon Collection - Highway King

Me and my old 96, 1200xl custom still rolling, low miles on the engine, still runs great, no leaks, cruises fine at 80 mph if u want to go , no its not cbr1000 fast, those are not comfy and highly dangerous,imho....

Grandpa was an Indian guy. Even had and used his dispatch/tow for customer car oil change pickup and deliver. Told me about the board track races he went to in NJ. Said back then the Indian was more reliable than the HD that's why he rode them.

" You'll never wear out an Indian Scout or its brother the Indian Chief, they're built like rocks to take hard knocks, its the Harleys that cause the grief."

" You'll never wear out an Indian Scout or its brother the Indian Chief, they're built like rocks to take hard knocks, its the Harleys that cause the grief."
Then why did the US government decide to go with Harley for the war effort ?. Was it because the Indians never broke down and when the war was over, they were too hard to dismantle for scrap ?.,,,

Then why did the US government decide to go with Harley for the war effort ?. Was it because the Indians never broke down and when the war was over, they were too hard to dismantle for scrap ?.,,,

Prob cost but who really knows?

In terms of "the look", until they closed Indian was the older company.
Crediting Harley uniquely with the look without even bringing Indian into the discussion is just ignoring history.

Until around 1920’ish all motorcycles were pretty much just bicycles with a motor attached. The “ look “ started to morph in the early twenties and Harley stayed true to its heritage which can still be seen even in its new motorcycles. Indian motorcycles was born in 1901 and died in 1953, though the NAME has been exhumed many times. And Thanks to AMF, Harley is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year.

Some of you may not have watched the videos, and have missed the point.

These bikes each pay homage to a specific bike that's deemed significant in Haleys history. It is not just about a general look.

Im not big on revivals. I like the bikes but the white wall tires and spoke wheels are a turn off to me. Not a fan of the faring and saddle bags being a different color on the Electra... I guess I dont like the bike *LOL*

Yet I do like bikes with more limited options on them. Give me the basics, ABS, Cruise, stuff like that in a bike and why I love my current Road King with an actual key to turn the bike on and off. I do think that SXRT looks awesome even though its been out of production for decades! Maybe because it's along my liking, great functionality but hold the options and accessories they are packing on the bikes. Including the KEYFOB.
I do like the Diablo looks but at its price, it would only be a dream and an audio system on a bike is not important to me. Just not into all the stuff.
(I know I am in the minority I think)
As I get older, I just don’t want the hassle of all the electronics on my motorcycles; screens, Wi-Fi connections, 1,000 page manuals on how to use the stuff - I have no interest in this. That’s why I love my 2014 Road King.

What a beautiful bike!!!
Thank you!
I have to say, reading your post regarding all the electronics on motorcycles that is why I too have a Road King. One electronic that I will always want is ABS, other than that and Garmin GPS or my Apple Watch GPS, I LOVE being on the bike and sound of the bike as I run down the highway, all that other stuff, well, I have that in my cars/truck.
My bike is my true REAL escape from all the electronic garbage (literally) in our lives. Its such as nice free feeling. Most of all, I love the fact that I can still use a real key to lock the ignition VS a fob.

We are doomed as a society, we will be a study of where things went wrong in at most, 100 years from now.
Heck, I cant even turn off my home computer without checking BITOG one last time before I shut it down... :unsure:

Hey, it 2014 it was called "Amber Whiskey" 😁
My 2010 CVO Streetglide color is Spiced Rum! Harley seems to have an affinity for naming their motorcycle colors after some type of alcoholic beverage! Maybe that’s why some folks call Harley’s bar hoppers… :p

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 8
My 2010 CVO Streetglide color is Spiced Rum! Harley seems to have an affinity for naming their motorcycle colors after some type of alcoholic beverage! Maybe that’s why some folks call Harley’s bar hoppers… :p
Yeah, that’s a great color to you got. My previous bike, which was a Yamaha a touring had a similar Deep maroon-ish cherry color to it. It goes well with chrome and the black seat.

Thank you!
I have to say, reading your post regarding all the electronics on motorcycles that is why I too have a Road King. One electronic that I will always want is ABS, other than that and Garmin GPS or my Apple Watch GPS, I LOVE being on the bike and sound of the bike as I run down the highway, all that other stuff, well, I have that in my cars/truck.
My bike is my true REAL escape from all the electronic garbage (literally) in our lives. Its such as nice free feeling. Most of all, I love the fact that I can still use a real key to lock the ignition VS a fob.

We are doomed as a society, we will be a study of where things went wrong in at most, 100 years from now.
Heck, I cant even turn off my home computer without checking BITOG one last time before I shut it down... :unsure:
Totally agree with you on the ABS, and I am laughing on the Apple Watch (I have one also). I had my 2014 RK out today for 60 miles, just me and the road; no music, no talk radio, no people bugging me for something, no texts, no emails, no voicemails, no regular mail, no telephone solicitors, just the sound of my HOG, my heart rates drops to 50-55 when I am riding - I forget it all. I’m 66, I miss the simpler times, I really do.

And, no disrespect to those who like radios on their bikes, touch screens, etc., these things are just not for me.

Oh, and having a real key for the bike, makes me happy.

All this electronic stuff has made the lives of people more stressful if you ask me.

RevRider

Back