Happy Birthday Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see any Happy Birthday post for Tempest yet so I took the honor. I might not agree with most of his posts but it can be interesting and it's nothing personal. Happy Birthday!

Thanks much! I was late to the party the last couple of years...
blush.gif

Quote:
I might not agree with most of his posts but it can be interesting

My intent.

Quote:
it's nothing personal

cheers3.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Happy Birthday Tempest! Hope the government doesn't interfere with your day.

Originally Posted By: buster
Happy Birthday Tempest! Hope the government doesn't interfere with your day.

Seconded!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Thanks much! I was late to the party the last couple of years...
blush.gif

Quote:
I might not agree with most of his posts but it can be interesting

My intent.

Quote:
it's nothing personal

cheers3.gif
thumbsup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Happy Birthday, Tempest!!

You rock (& have interesting posts). Don't back down. Remember, you can't fix stupid.
cheers3.gif

Tempest:

"Tempest was the name of a classified (secret) U.S. government project to study (probably for the purpose of both exploiting and guarding against) the susceptibility of some computer and telecommunications devices to emit electromagnetic radiation (EMR) in a manner that can be used to reconstruct intelligible data. Tempest's name is believed to have been a code name used during development by the U. S. government in the late 1960s, but at a somewhat later stage, it became an acronym for Telecommunications Electronics Material Protected from Emanating Spurious Transmissions."

Read more here: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Tempest

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Tempest:

"Tempest was the name of a classified (secret) U.S. government project to study (probably for the purpose of both exploiting and guarding against) the susceptibility of some computer and telecommunications devices to emit electromagnetic radiation (EMR) in a manner that can be used to reconstruct intelligible data. Tempest's name is believed to have been a code name used during development by the U. S. government in the late 1960s, but at a somewhat later stage, it became an acronym for Telecommunications Electronics Material Protected from Emanating Spurious Transmissions."

I wish I could say that I got my name from something cool like that, but alas:

tempest.jpg

I've always liked that game and the name so I've used the handle since the old days of dial up BBS'.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Tempest:

I wish I could say that I got my name from something cool like that, but alas:

tempest.jpg

I've always liked that game and the name so I've used the handle since the old days of dial up BBS'.

BBS FOREVER!!! Oh that brings back memories of Procomm Plus and other beautiful terminal programs that I ran on my 8088.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back