Hankook Kinergy ST H735 for final set of tires on the Van?

Have Dunlop Signature II's on the van now. Had them on since Oct 2017 or about 50K ago. Just had them rotated and balanced at Costco and they said there is good tread left on the front tires but a lot of fine dry rot cracking all over the tires. Van has 160K and will probably be the final set of tires that I purchase for the Van. Just going out on a limb and assuming the tranny won't go much beyond 200K.

These tires have good reviews everywhere I look. Normally my go to all season is the General Altimax RT43's but they are hard to find in 235 65R16 at the moment and are a lot more expensive. Tirebuyer has the Hankook's on sale for $99/tire plus additional $40 off at checkout +$67 install at pepboys. I'll be around $450 out the door with 4 new tires. Good deal?

I've had good luck with the Hancook 737 on a sienna van in the past. Got ~70K out of then when that van is known to eat tires. The only complaint was that the original tires were Michelin MVX bla bla bla tires and the handcooks were noticeable louder then them and spun a little more readily on wet road. Still a safe tire but a noticeable stepdown in performance. The RT43s that replaced the hancooks were a noticeable improvement in noise and wet traction.

Tires and toilet paper are places where I spend the extra money to get the good stuff. When your A$$ is on the line, accept no substitutes. :)

Back