Hankook H727 vs ?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
It is a no brainer, use the Hankook 727's... The Odyssey is known to chew through tires. if your current 727's lasted 70k, I would stay with the 727's.

Yea, I agree! And I have mentioned this in other threads. If you're have good success with a particular tire(even OE), stay with them unless they're way our of your budget.

I have had tires that worked so well on a particular vehicle(even though others hated'em) that I just kept buying them even though their price increased over time. You can't argue with success
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Had them installed this morning. I always get used to what my old tires look like and dont realize how worn/dated they are. I thought I had decent tread left (5/32) but not compared to new, and I forgot how much softer new ones are. Both of which should help in the wet and snow. I guess I got spoiled with these running so long and for so many miles I took them for granted. Here's hoping these hold up just as well....just got to get used to the new tire tread wiggle...lol.

Thanks all.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
It is a no brainer, use the Hankook 727's... The Odyssey is known to chew through tires. if your current 727's lasted 70k, I would stay with the 727's.

Yea, I agree! And I have mentioned this in other threads. If you're have good success with a particular tire(even OE), stay with them unless they're way our of your budget.

I have had tires that worked so well on a particular vehicle(even though others hated'em) that I just kept buying them even though their price increased over time. You can't argue with success
laugh.gif

I don't agree with don't change mentality. Tire is one of many thing are improving every few year or so. The best value tire of 2-3 years ago isn't the best value today.

I had Hankook 727 on Mercury Tracer and Yokohama Touring-S on LS400, bot tires were very good for what I paid but both are much more expensive now. If I need tire for one of my cars I would buy different brand/model because those two above aren't as good as newer tire(s).

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

laugh.gif

I don't agree with don't change mentality. Tire is one of many thing are improving every few year or so. The best value tire of 2-3 years ago isn't the best value today.

I had Hankook 727 on Mercury Tracer and Yokohama Touring-S on LS400, bot tires were very good for what I paid but both are much more expensive now. If I need tire for one of my cars I would buy different brand/model because those two above aren't as good as newer tire(s).

With that being said, I agree with you too!
smile.gif
And I don't find the H727's a good value these days. Myself, part of my criteria is snow/ice traction due to my climate. I can't answer for the OP's climate/driving habbits.

I have been buying tires based on professional testing and customer reviews with vehicles like mine(when available). I have been having great success this way.

Yes, newer tires are certainly eclipsing older models and offering even better value. But we need to keep criteria in mind and the fact that we don't know the OP's particular needs or if the OP even wants to do much tire searching for rating/reviews.

I like to keep with the tires that work on a paricular vehicle(ONLY when I really like the particular tire). Unless I can find reviews of another tire(lesser cost) on same vehicle that shows improvements over what I have aready. I had lots of tires that I only liked, So, So! Moving on was easy
smile.gif

The only reasons that I'll change the model of tire is...

If that model is discontinued

I didn't like my tire choice and need to move on.

Budget...as the vehicle get older and I plan to get rid of the vehicle soon but, still need some new rubber to get me to that point.

Choosing tires for another member is very difficult at best. And too, I still know tons of folks that prefer to buy localy and pay more!

When folks need tires, they need to do some tire searching on their own to find what best meet their criteria/budget. That's why I'll almost always say to a stranger..."If you like what's working now, stay with it!"

This may also help! Odyssey owners seem very happy with the H727 as was the OP
smile.gif

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Optimo+H727&fromTireDetail=true&partnum=055TR6H727&tirePageLocQty=%26partnum%3D055TR6H727

Last edited:
I put H727 on my Odyssey 2 years ago- best tire yet. OEM Goodyears went 40k, went to Michelin HydroEdge and hated them for the noise as they aged and had 2 that needed to be replaced due to road damage failures. I went to H727 due to dry rot on the Michelins with less than 35k miles on them.

Choosing tires for another member is very difficult at best. And too, I still know tons of folks that prefer to buy locally and pay more!

When folks need tires, they need to do some tire searching on their own to find what best meet their criteria/budget. That's why I'll almost always say to a stranger..."If you like what's working now, stay with it!"

I understand your points completely, it's a safe bet that what worked well on the vehicle will work well in the same vehicle again without any issue.

My point was it worked very well but new technology improved over time why not take advantage of it, and at the same time pay less for newer and better one.

Originally Posted By: mbaker
Got a quote for the Generals... $660 vs $530 for the Hankooks so a pretty good jump in price.

Another one I just had reccomended is the Toyo Extensa A/S around 550$....any thoughts on that one......?

Careful with the TOYO's, some of the lower end TOYO's are made in CHINA, if that matters to you...

I have Michelin DEFENDERS on my ODYSSEY. The previous Michelin LX4s worked good for me, dead smooth wiith adequate traction in spring summer. I use winter tires so no winter traction comments...

The Defenders are ok... they ride harder, not a surprise with a hard compound long wear tire, and are a little noisier as well, again maybe a result of the compound...?

All in all, ok. And one of the reasons I bought them was Made in USA ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back