Hailie Deegan Xfinity Las Vegas debut!

She doesn't lack confidence. Last year when she was telling Helio how to drive at one of those SRX races was hilarious. Really?

We'll see, the truck series doesn't really seem to highlight a driver's skills.

She's a nice gal with a good personality and demeanor. But it's doubtful she'll go anywhere in NASCAR. Anymore than all of the others who preceded her.

That's not being anti female. It's just being realistic.
Please expand the vage comment of "doubtful", and who is "all the others" you are referring to?

We'll see, the truck series doesn't really seem to highlight a driver's skills.
No it doesn't. Remember Jennifer Jo Cobb? There wasn't a truck she couldn't wreck. I remember once she spun into the wall on the pace lap. But the truck series is fun to watch.

You end up with a lot of overly aggressive young kids who like to take chances. Especially in the closing laps. So there's always plenty of wrecks. The problem with most all of the women is they can drive fast, but they can't race. If Danica proved anything, she proved that.

Please expand the vage comment of "doubtful", and who is "all the others" you are referring to?
She'll never win a race. And rather than me wasting time typing, take your pick out of this batch. And remember, Danica's one and only Indy Car win happened only because everyone in front of her ran out of gas. That, and the fact a lot of the top guys didn't even bother going to Japan.

She'll never win a race. And rather than me wasting time typing, take your pick out of this batch. And remember, Danica's one and only Indy Car win happened only because everyone in front of her ran out of gas. That, and the fact a lot of the top guys didn't even bother going to Japan.

A man like you doesn't have time to type that's funny, I'll tell you this you seem to live in your own shallow world that's for sure!

A man like you doesn't have time to type that's funny, I'll tell you this you seem to live in your own shallow world that's for sure!
So how does telling the truth make me, "shallow"? If I'm wrong prove it. Show me a winning woman NASCAR driver. You can't because there isn't one. Plenty of competitors, but no winners... None.

You want to rah, rah yet another woman NASCAR driver. And that is fine. There is nothing wrong with that. But at least be realistic about it. If a woman was going to rise in the sport it would have been Danica.

Her personality was total dog crap. And she blamed everyone for everything she did wrong. And she had the temperment of a spoiled 12 year old. But the fact is she had the best equipment of ANY woman driver for her entire career. Both in Indycar, (Rahal Letterman), and in NASCAR, (Andretti Green). She just couldn't do anything with it.

She was popular, and she made a ton of money for her sponsors. But in 191 races over 7 years she never won. And she managed only 7 top ten finishes. All with top of the line equipment, and big name, high dollar enriched race teams.

That said she deserves every penny she made. Just don't sit there and try to tell me she was a good driver. Remember, a lot of these young women show a bit of promise in the lesser series. Some even win a race or two. Deegan is no exception. So was Natalie Decker. What happened to her?

Danica did when she was starting out in Toyota Atlantic. She, like most could drive fast. Because Rahal always gave her a fast car. But she couldn't race. She proved it throughout her whole over lengthy career. Other women drivers have all done much the same. This trend will continue because there is nothing changing to stop it.

Danica's one and only Indy Car win happened only because everyone in front of her ran out of gas.
Does that not make it a credible win ? Strategy plays a part in winning to. She may have won the Indy 500 in 2005 also if she didn't have to conserve on fuel. Her Indy average finish was 10.8

Bill, what you're saying is females can't "race". Understand what you mean just never thought of lack of female success that way.

She's more of a social media sensation than a proven drive it's just a fact. I like her but as a driver she's in over her head.
Agree about the social media thing. I was curious after seeing her drive in that SRX series. Watched a few youtube vids but not interested in her (or anyone else's) private life. I think with her racing background she'd be successful in dirt late models, long boring oval races probably don't suit most of today's 20 year olds, attention span and all that. She'll get good rides because of who and what she is.

Does that not make it a credible win ? Strategy plays a part in winning to. She may have won the Indy 500 in 2005 also if she didn't have to conserve on fuel. Her Indy average finish was 10.8
Of course it's a credible win. But not from a driving talent standpoint. All I'm saying is with the equipment she's had available to her throughout her racing career. In both Indycar and NASCAR, she didn't accomplish much.

You'd think the on-track retaliation and repeated shoving should be more serious than last week's holding up traffic fines of $200k.
There might have been a little more going on in that shoving match, than just the paint trading that took place on track. Wasn't Larson suspended a year or so ago for making some kind of racial slur involving the "N word", or some such?

Wallace has been involved in racial incidents before, and likes to hold a grudge. He seems to attract them. Remember the whole big deal that was made about the "hangman's noose" pull handle on his garage door? More overblown, petty theatrics.

Wallace likes to always portray himself as the innocent victim. Regardless, he deserves a stiff penalty and fine for this. If for no other reason because he deliberately sent Larson uncontrollably into Christopher Bell, damaging his car extensively, and almost taking him out.

I gotta say the very few women who drove in the 40's and 50's had some serious backbones. They had NOBODY on their side. Now days any woman will be given more than a fair helping hand. I mean generations and the entire corporate wokeness media behind them.

It's a volume and cultural thing to this day along with something physical/mental as well. But we aren't allowed to get to the nitty gritty on the differences in humans. Unless we get back to the promotion thing.
1666012455769.jpg

Back