had to pass on the GC at AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local AZ NEVER has GC, only the yellow label NA version, and believe me, I've been looking and checking for MONTHS. Today I passed by the lubricant shelves, and to my surprise, saw a RED LABEL. I ran over and turned the bottle over, said MADE IN GERMANY right on the back.

I pulled every bottle of 0W-30 off of the rack, searching for more. I looked like a stock boy with all those bottles at my feet. Alas, there existed the one and only bottle of GC out of maybe 17, 18. Some other lucky b*****d must have bought the others as there surely must have been others. They don't travel in singles now, do they? Probably never knew what he or she was getting, or did know and left the one bottle to tease me.

I had to leave it, what is one bottle going to do for me? It's punishment, searching for so long and finally finding the Holy Grail of 0W-30, then realizing that one lowly quart does not a 6 quart crankcase fill. I will go on..... perhaps by the end of NEXT summer I will find more.....

Its probably just the clerks who work at AZ messing with you by putting just 1 qt on the shelf and watching you frantically looking to score on the rest.

quote:

Originally posted by uconn1150:
Talk to the store manager...order a case!

Most managers do not even know that GC exist. It has the same sku number as the American made GC. One manager of an AutoZone told me in an indignant tone, "We do not carry German oil." I made him go in the back to look. He brough out a case and I open it up and showed him that it was made in Germany.

quote:

Originally posted by ediamiam:
Its probably just the clerks who work at AZ messing with you by putting just 1 qt on the shelf and watching you frantically looking to score on the rest.

lol.gif

The clerks at one of my locals AZ's have a quarter epoxied to the concrete in front of the doors so they can see people try to pick it up when standing behind the counter.

quote:

Originally posted by ediamiam:

Oh boy...if that's true that Autozone crew is in trouble. The Elves frown upon anyone using the Elixer to perpetrate nefarious nodules of naughtiness.

sweet addendum to this tale....

Tonight I went to pick up my daughter at a school function held at a roller skating rink about 12 miles away. On the way, I notice an Autozone store, didn't even know it was there. It's 5 minutes before closing, so I figure what the heck and stop in.

Right on the shelf are 6 bottles of the magic red label. I grab them up and hide them behind my coat to make sure nobody else sees them. The sad part is that there were no other people in the store.

I asked the clerk if there was anymore 0W-30 in the back. He looks and says they have 3 unopened cases. I ask him if I can take a look at them, and sure enough, they're all red label. I scored 24 bottles of the stuff in one night at an AZ I didn't even know existed when my local AZ (about 2 miles from me) never has it, except for the ONE bottle. The clerk tells me they get Castrol shipments every Thursday morning, so I guess I'll be there every Thursday afternoon, at least until I think I have enough.

I got home, plopped the GC down right next to the M1 I have, and immediately felt a clan war brewing. Supersyn got competition, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back