Had the local Postmaster hang up the phone on me after reporting a botched delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a signature required on delivery.

No effort to even collect a signature, as no one ever left the truck, or even approached my front door.
No package carrier is getting signatures, unless it's 'high value', due to COVID.

You were lucky to gey the package. Going down there to talk was a bad decision and could be considered threatning.

Don't do that again.

I have to disagree with this statement. Part of the postmaster's role is to hear complaints from customers no? It's incumbent upon the OP to act appropriately and to state his complaint. Shying away from an adult, non-violent confrontation because you may appear threatening is how we devolve into regressive behaviors. Soooo many adults no longer know how to have interpersonal interaction with an adversary. In this instance, it appears the postmaster became an adversary, instead of an advocate for the customer.

I have to disagree with this statement. Part of the postmaster's role is to hear complaints from customers no? It's incumbent upon the OP to act appropriately and to state his complaint. Shying away from an adult, non-violent confrontation because you may appear threatening is how we devolve into regressive behaviors. Soooo many adults no longer know how to have interpersonal interaction with an adversary. In this instance, it appears the postmaster became an adversary, instead of an advocate for the customer.
I took his post as cynically tongue in cheek......................

USPS will mark packages delivered then they show up days later.
USPS has been doing this for a few years, primarily with Amazon deliveries when they were in deep with Amazon. USPS made a delivery promise/guarantee to get the job and this is a way they cheat.

I am waiting to catch the FedEx guy so I can confront him
Please do that. Fedex can, and should, flag your address as "do not deliver" and you'll have to go to their center to retrieve any package that a shipper sends you using their service.

USPS could careless .im still waiting for a package that was supposed to be her on Dec14,still in transit.Good thing its not life saving meds or equipment.

I've started avoiding buying anything that's going to be shipped USPS or UPS. They're both HORRIBLE in my area. UPS delivered an entire pickup load of boxes to my house that belonged to the people 4 doors down. Address labels were all correct. They just decided I needed someone else's stuff. There are daily posts on Nextdoor from people in my neighborhood looking for their packages. USPS doesn't care, and they have no reason to. There's no accountability, so we're all lucky our mail makes it anywhere besides into a dumpster.

The points have been made. The Post Office, like many large organizations, has a broad cross-section of talent and competence. Bashing every single employee through negative stereotyping is pointless. Lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back