Had my Snap-on guy build me a custom ratchet

It's a extra long 1/4" bodied ratchet TLL72 with a FC72 3/8" compact ratchet repair kit installed. He didn't even charge me for the repair kit. there's likely reason Snap-on doesn't sell this ratchet as you can put quite a bit of torque on it. I just need to be able to use sockets bigger than 15mm for stuff like Banjo Bolts, 3/8" Tap Sockets, & 3/8" Bit Sockets that don't require a bulky 3/8" ratchet but still need the length for access.

I wish SO made a swappable 3/8" repair kit for the Flex Head version (TLLF72) of this ratchet cause I would buy one & have it swapped!!!!

134yK3L.jpg

SZvWSwF.jpg

KcW7as0.jpg

OASqcan.jpg

Thanks great. At the new shop I meet the Snap-on guy tomorrow. Probably going to buy a 1/4 flex head since I only had a really cheap one and it snapped a few days ago. It would be cool to get something like this. The size compared to that big socket definitely shows.

That beautiful ratchet will be in service for many years.
I'm jealous!

I guess it is similar to the last one in this pic?
FYI - I inherited all but the top ratchet...
1625114000483.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea. They should add it or something like it to their product lineup, it would sell!

I break standard ratchets and sockets all the time....not sure why you would put a longer lever on something not made for it. Best of luck!

The TLL72 is a gem in the Snap-on ratchet line-up. Adding the 3/8 kit is a great idea!

Could you bore out the cover plate hole to the larger size to use the kit on the flex, or is there more to it? I see the screws on opposite sides seem to be the problem.

Trav, nice portmanteau of parts.

Id buy that new without a warranty.

Back